Wetherby training ?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im aiming to go on one of these as i only know traditional sand n cement n seems to be alot of work about using these new systems but all want previous expericence with them. bout 150 for the days training aint they? work is slow n moneys tight tho for me right now...bad times

you not alone pal, i have never done any of that new render but have not been on course because as you say people still want previous experience. i'd love to have a go but other than dropping on with some one who already doing it only other option i can see is do a course and try wingin it for a week or two till you know the score properly, only prob with that is you can end up lookin a tw*t which is why i not done it. any insight into this would be great

I think you still have to get an NVQ or summit ! and a few other things to enable you to take on local authority work !! but just one off's you just need materials a some bull-shite ........

@ bigsteve let us know how it goes mate and good luck
@ gooner you probs right about nvq mate you need a peice of paper to say you know how to fart properly on sites nowerdays

anyone ever been on one of these days ? are they worth doing ? Training | Wetherby Building Systems ,the lady i spoke to said after the day's training you would be certified ?? any comments please guys :)

a days training.... and your ready to go. :RpS_laugh:
its a joke, you need hands on experience, not a days course. a lad that works for me did the k rend days course a few years ago, all he did was sit in classroom all day. pointless.

a days training.... and your ready to go. :RpS_laugh:
its a joke, you need hands on experience, not a days course. a lad that works for me did the k rend days course a few years ago, all he did was sit in classroom all day. pointless.
Ye but if you don't do the weatherby course you can't go on site doing there work can you you've got to be approved

That's right Steve , i see you are in wales m8 ! is that north or at the end of the m4, i'am never sure lol,
Owls it's a step in the right direction !! this is polymer rendering not rocket science !!

That's right Steve , i see you are in wales m8 ! is that north or at the end of the m4, i'am never sure lol,
Owls it's a step in the right direction !! this is polymer rendering not rocket science !!
I was going to say that Gooner . i went on 2 coarse with a main company for free ,its not rocket science as you say ,just like most things in our trade .If you are geared up for this all well and good ,but by going on a coarse you will find out if it is for you and your set up .A guy phoned me yesterday thinking i do Ewi , because i do mono ,i said no ,it not for me and my set up

North wales mate ewi is starting to take off round here now there is not a lot of work round here only social housing work that's what I'm am doing its crap work

I did some social work a while ago the firm doing it had a dj in charge of the plasterers and evaluating what work needed doing in each property. He was clueless

North wales mate ewi is starting to take off round here now there is not a lot of work round here only social housing work that's what I'm am doing its crap work

most ewi work is social housing. the goverment are the largest purchaser of the systems, and they only spend money in the poor areas.

Ye but your not working in the houses fresh air if you know what I mean

still plenty of aggo. we had to chain the genny up to the scaffold. have a split break to keep watch over the tools. never speak to the residents, as they can not do any thing for you and will only want something from you.

its fair to say thye course is generally supposed to be for plasterers and renderers who already use the trowel on a daily basis the acreditation you get is the authorisation to install their product - it does not garauntee you will be able to do it to any standard and although "anyone" can go on the course any good manufacturer will tell you that their course is designed for tradesmen and not joe public.

obviously the lads on here are plasterers etc so any view into thin coats should help but.......

I have never paid for any of my approved courses and generally the few thaat have invited me to come to one and "pay" have generally never had any interest in sending us any work due to the high number of favourites they already have installing so we tend to avoid them but if the guy on the day is good (pot luck) it will help you.

First one I ever did was years back with a Dryvit guy From the states - he was superb but I have never seen that level since

its fair to say thye course is generally supposed to be for plasterers and renderers who already use the trowel on a daily basis the acreditation you get is the authorisation to install their product - it does not garauntee you will be able to do it to any standard and although "anyone" can go on the course any good manufacturer will tell you that their course is designed for tradesmen and not joe public.

obviously the lads on here are plasterers etc so any view into thin coats should help but.......

I have never paid for any of my approved courses and generally the few thaat have invited me to come to one and "pay" have generally never had any interest in sending us any work due to the high number of favourites they already have installing so we tend to avoid them but if the guy on the day is good (pot luck) it will help you.

First one I ever did was years back with a Dryvit guy From the states - he was superb but I have never seen that level since

ditto,

why are you going to pay to use or be 'approved' to use a product system, chances are theyll already have installers already in place in every area of the country.
its who you know in this game.

the fuc*ing muppets on my house did that course
look at my thread (my house) what a waste of time
whatch the video on the web site go on site do a house the rep will give you your tickett
please lads dont do it like the muppets on my house

but if you dont know how to use a handboard and trowel i would forget it if i was you.......:RpS_wink:

In 5 minutes you're going to regroup and tell me how pretty the lake district is and how we are all 'posh'

The one thing I regret about living in the south is we had a huge slave trade industry so flynnys here

Status
Not open for further replies.