Wet spots around bathtub screen fixtures

Members online

Eastender

Hi everyone,

The plumber I know did a bathroom renovation for me recently, and recommended microcement instead of tiles. He then brought it one of his mates to do the microcement on the walls and floors. After microcement was done, he fixed the screen with some screws and poorly applied silicone.
Long story short, after a week or so I noticed a wet spot appearing. When I took off the screen, I found 3 big wet spots (see photo for an example), they are about couple of inches in diameter. I'm not sure I want to invoIve the original installers anymore, and want to get someone else's opinion on this.
I tried to sand these spots with sand paper to remove all sealant and left them for about a week in a hope they will dry out. Nothing seems to be happening though, so I'm wondering what other options do I have at this point?
Unfortunately I do not know what system was used here, installers were somewhat secretive. By the way, this wall is plywood, which is a bit concerning too.
Thank you for any help in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20220929_195936589.jpg
    IMG_20220929_195936589.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 134
Hi everyone,

The plumber I know did a bathroom renovation for me recently, and recommended microcement instead of tiles. He then brought it one of his mates to do the microcement on the walls and floors. After microcement was done, he fixed the screen with some screws and poorly applied silicone.
Long story short, after a week or so I noticed a wet spot appearing. When I took off the screen, I found 3 big wet spots (see photo for an example), they are about couple of inches in diameter. I'm not sure I want to invoIve the original installers anymore, and want to get someone else's opinion on this.
I tried to sand these spots with sand paper to remove all sealant and left them for about a week in a hope they will dry out. Nothing seems to be happening though, so I'm wondering what other options do I have at this point?
Unfortunately I do not know what system was used here, installers were somewhat secretive. By the way, this wall is plywood, which is a bit concerning too.
Thank you for any help in advance!
Hi There,please feel free to give me a call today to discuss as it will be easier than messaging to and from.07719330726

Kind Regards

Rich

Does it stay wet or eventually dry out. It looks like liquid absorption probably down to the fixing hole for the screen. It's just like anything where a hole is created, if it's not sealed right water will find away in.

Does it stay wet or eventually dry out. It looks like liquid absorption probably down to the fixing hole for the screen. It's just like anything where a hole is created, if it's not sealed right water will find away in.
It stays wet. I tried to keep that wall completely dry for about a week, and it's not drying at all.