Wet room

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadley

Hi im Hadley new to the site and I'm new to venetian plastering but have been watching a lot of training videos and have got the training DVD and I'm pretty confidant I can master the application of this product quickly.
The things I'm finding hard to fine out is the use of each product and there benefits eg, wet rooms, texture finish, high shine and the sealing products needed.
any help would be great in looking for:

best product for strong colour and shine suitable for wet room and a waterproofing agent and wax

thanks

Welcome along mate. What exactly do you want to know. For a wet room I would always try and suede the customer to a micro cement. Very durable and waterproof when sealed. In wet areas where the shower water will hit the wall I have used polished plaster and also Italian paint finishes. Namely ottacento which is an oikos finish. Again when sealed water isn't a problem. There are loads of sealers lacquers and waxes to choose from. Take a look at my faceache page. Look through the photos part and there is a wet room in there and a shower area. Update Your Browser | Facebook

I try to avoid anything with physical texture in a shower area. They can be sealed well but it would be a pain to get things like shower gel out of the crevices

hi rob thanks for the reply. what is the advantage of micro cement over venetian plastering and is the application the same?
is there a site you would recommend to buy the materials.

by the way your work looks outstanding

oops, sorry...............i read the title and thought this was a thread about Marshy.....................:huh:

Welcome along mate. What exactly do you want to know. For a wet room I would always try and suede the customer to a micro cement. Very durable and waterproof when sealed. In wet areas where the shower water will hit the wall I have used polished plaster and also Italian paint finishes. Namely ottacento which is an oikos finish. Again when sealed water isn't a problem. There are loads of sealers lacquers and waxes to choose from. Take a look at my faceache page. Look through the photos part and there is a wet room in there and a shower area. Update Your Browser | Facebook
What can be used to fully waterproof it?

Can't think of the name of the micro cement sealer I use off top of my head. I use easy floor and get the recommended resin and sealer with it.

hi rob thanks for the reply. what is the advantage of micro cement over venetian plastering and is the application the same?
is there a site you would recommend to buy the materials.

by the way your work looks outstanding

Cheers mate. Micro is easier to apply I think. Costs about the same as stucco. It's also a lot harder. We use it on floors too as it's so tough. Depends what type of finish you want. The right sealer and wax can gu me a slight shine to it but not as much as you can achieve from a polished plaster.

Can't think of the name of the micro cement sealer I use off top of my head. I use easy floor and get the recommended resin and sealer with it.
The resin is waterproof but to my knowledge there isn't anything that can completely waterproof polished plaster I know of a product that's pretty close and also you can use a tanking system below the venetian which I believe works.

The resin I'm talking about goes in the micro for mixing with instead of water. You can wax a polished plaster and it will still be able to breath. The water won't cause a problem as it brings moisture in and fires it out again

The resin I'm talking about goes in the micro for mixing with instead of water. You can wax a polished plaster and it will still be able to breath. The water won't cause a problem as it brings moisture in and fires it out again
Direct water I've heard stains and dulls it

Not had a problem so far. In the studio idid some work in there is a live wet room setup with working shower. Gets tested every time someone has a look around.

Nice facebook pics there Oli , i,m trying to do facebook with only work stuff ,i must ask Danny to do me Website :RpS_blushing:

let me know when you get set up, Danny put a link on here to add to FB so that every time you post it comes up on twitter, really easy to do. Ive had some cracking jobs off the website and a couple of twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.