Went to Look At A Damp Job Today....

Went to look at a job for a friend today who has bought a new office for their business to expand in... She phones me telling me that there is some damp and that they have had a company in to quote and have a look but she is not convinced...

f**k me I have not seen damp like it.. it was so wet the skirting boards had rotted through... there were salts on the walls that were fury....

It was f**k*d...

SO I did the usual checks to see if DPC had been breached and what not and to be honest it left me puzzled...

Went next door to the old owner and had a chat... well it turns out that the building was flooded last year and never dried out... all locked up and left till a couple of weeks ago...

I will upload photos in a bit...

But my friends were going to pay for injection and all sorts... now they have bought some dehumidifiers and heaters and going to dry the place out :D

e57986d507ef7b5ba4065171b79e202b.jpg

5ea7dc7c48f1a8a64f7bc02699213632.jpg

0afa2eaf84ad4325964af24d8d4ccf8d.jpg

4a1bc33f83a25e06f6d74b4006eb335f.jpg

783ec2fd6a3248d02fb00dec8f7ed5d4.jpg

08d7eeac116eb0e35489b4a8274a3e73.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Still gonna need some work! I'd hack off the contaminated plaster back to brick and let it dry that way will be much quicker!
Make sure they use the dehumidifies properly and not paraffin heaters [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As JGreen said hack it all off 1.2 up & dry if out, would take a age to try and dry it out through the plaster and will leave stains anyway..

If beads have started rusting through then they've had their day.

hahaha I am not doing the work :D Thankfully :D

Yes will be hacked off :D

It got flooded when it got flooded earlier last year but nobody had keys to get in and dry it out...

air brick solution if ever ive seen it..........................have to say i thought it would have been mould city with it being locked up for so long

air brick solution if ever ive seen it..........................have to say i thought it would have been mould city with it being locked up for so long

They have already washed the walls down once... been 4 weeks since they had the keys :-\

Went to look at a job for a friend today who has bought a new office for their business to expand in... She phones me telling me that there is some damp and that they have had a company in to quote and have a look but she is not convinced...

f**k me I have not seen damp like it.. it was so wet the skirting boards had rotted through... there were salts on the walls that were fury....

It was f**k*d...

SO I did the usual checks to see if DPC had been breached and what not and to be honest it left me puzzled...

Went next door to the :D

It was f**k*d...

Went next door to the old owner and had a chat... well it turns out that the building was flooded last year and never dried out... all locked up and left till a couple of weeks ago...

I will upload photos in a bit...

But my friends were going to pay for injection and all sorts... now they have bought some dehumidifiers and heaters and going to dry the place out :D

Are you making excuses for having a sneaky piss were you shouldnt have danny ??

I've not read through the comments on this but my first advice would be get the plaster off and skirting's. Let the wall breathe. then get dehumidifiers and heaters on the job.

You could potentially treat this now if it was needed to be flipped quickly but if time is no issue then don't rush it.

Take the plaster off 300mm above the last trace irrelevant of where that is

I've not read through the comments on this but my first advice would be get the plaster off and skirting's. Let the wall breathe. then get dehumidifiers and heaters on the job.

You could potentially treat this now if it was needed to be flipped quickly but if time is no issue then don't rush it.

Take the plaster off 300mm above the last trace irrelevant of where that is

They should have done most of that now... might drop in next week and have a look... might not as well :D

Lucky you found out about the flood, this is the trouble when your called to look at work and don't know the history of a place. Yeah we all know a fair few of these companies in the remedial sector see any sign of a dampness issue as a potential pay day but we aint all like that.
Personally I sometimes on dry rot work hack off and leave it a week with a dehumidifier going just to try and lower the humidity and dry it up as much as I can after I have done treatments.
I did a flood job once the whole downstairs of a detached 3 bed bungalow had to rip up all the chipboard floors and insulation then leave it 5 weeks with fans and dehumidifiers running. personally I don't really use heaters I find once you get a few fans in there circulating the air that's good enough to help the drying.

Great pics though, shame some people on here don't post pics as clear as them when they are asking for some advice (y)