Went to have a look at a site today in cardiff

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
when we are on site ill use a bucket of board addy pretty quick so the lab doesnt stop mixing really. if im doing the odd wall on domestic then ill take out of the bucket. but when your doing it all day then not a chance.

Bruce Willis said:
Yeh small walls etc then a bucket but spot all day long. But in your defence Rich I am weird ;D

he is. all i'm saying is white socks and shorts ;D

by any chance mate you didnt spot a long haired drunk, uncle fester, a fat bloke who cant stop talking, a streak of pisswith big ears walking through mountains of plaster and a young croation looking kid?.....all plastering on the ground floor?

richardbrown said:
well your all wierdos then. I just mix up in a gorilla and take it from the gorilla

Ive got a highly trained baboon that passes me mine :)

I have another baboon who is'nt highly trained, in fact he's thick as pig shlt I use him as an electrician ;)

yeah put mine on a spot. i hate it if my buckets get dirty if it sets in them. and no need to chuck it after just use it b4 it sets. But i am a bit ocd wen it comes to work. does the labs ed in

markyspread said:
ok bending down into a gorilla tub or taking it of a spot board? spot board all day thanks save the back
plus by the time you have loaded your andboard up out a bucket you could have scooped it of the spot and have it on the wall. I.M.O anyways

So i'm the only one that mixes up dry wall adhessseve in half a water butt on wheels or a groilla tub? then bangs it out after..It actually comes out cleaner after with dry wall adhesseve....

(french word) useing a spot and stand for dabbing on site just mix up in half a water butt....And pull it along on wheels, and work out of it...

When you've got three lads dabbin away youve gotta use a spot board IMO, get the lab to knock a four bag mix up and shovel onto the the spot and while ur takin off the spot the lab can be knockin another tub up

Its a matter of personal preference really.

I aint used a spot board and stand in years I am strictly domestic which is 99% re-skims.

I only use a spot when doing a decnt ammount of backing coat.

When rendering I nearly allways use a wheel barrow its sort of half way between bucket and a spot but you can move it about easily.

The only system that "is correct" is the one that works for you!

Spot board for dot and dabbing, never heard or seen of it, i use the big German morter tubs on a couple of skateboards. So you have to set the spotboard up knock the gear up in a tub take it out of the tub put it on the spot board then walk from the spotboard to the wall getting further away from the spotboard as you board wearing your boots out, oh and then clean board of at end of day and put in van, why not knock loads up in tub and wheel it where you want it no walking and only one tub to clean out at end of day.
Lucius.

lucius said:
Spot board for dot and dabbing, never heard or seen of it, i use the big German morter tubs on a couple of skateboards. So you have to set the spotboard up knock the gear up in a tub take it out of the tub put it on the spot board then walk from the spotboard to the wall getting further away from the spotboard as you board wearing your boots out, oh and then clean board of at end of day and put in van, why not knock loads up in tub and wheel it where you want it no walking and only one tub to clean out at end of day.
Lucius.

Eaxactly how we do it..........Thought i was going mad then..

Status
Not open for further replies.