Well done British Gypsum

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry

Private Member
Have to post to congratulate @british Gypsum.

Your Thistle Spray Finish is now excellent. It sprays nice, flattens a treat and is easy to trowel up. Please take note that the extended set time I have been experiencing over the last few days is exactly a required. One large hit is the way forward allowing for prep in the afternoon ready for a early spray the Next day.

The lead time was 6 days which is more then manageable instead of the 17 we had to deal with in the past.

Would it be possible to get this product stocked at Minister Maidstone?

Ps love the bags they break open so easy they almost fall apart

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know but if they keep it the same as it is now I will be very happy. Did a trial with it down in Brighton for a drylining company we had one pallet to impress other wise it was multi. 5 pallets ordered 6 hours after we started. I just did a 134m hit with just me and a lab it wasn't just big walls either. Walked about in no rush with 4 hours to trowel it.

They also now understand why I was insistent on 1000m in front of us

Don't know but if they keep it the same as it is now I will be very happy. Did a trial with it down in Brighton for a drylining company we had one pallet to impress other wise it was multi. 5 pallets ordered 6 hours after we started. I just did a 134m hit with just me and a lab it wasn't just big walls either. Walked about in no rush with 4 hours to trowel it.

They also now understand why I was insistent on 1000m in front of us
Impressive, organisation beats brawn every time

Hi @CurrierPlastering, thanks for your feedback on Thistle Spray Finish – we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and are very pleased to hear you’re a fan! If you speak to your local branch manager they should be able to arrange for this to be stocked.

@BritshGypsum has the Spray Finish be further r******d as Steve suspects or was it just one of those things?
Also is it correct that the lead time has been reduced.
And another thing, could you not give merchants some kind of inducement to stock at least one pallet of Spray Finish so that we don't have to buy by the pallet load. If you could do this and get others to have a go at hand applying it, which works well IMO, then it could get to the stage where the merchants actually want to keep it in stock as not only the machine guys will be purchasing.

Last edited:
Strange how BG come back on here to collect the plaudits but not to answer anymore questions...............:rolleyes).least now we know the bags are manufactured to fall apart.............:RpS_thumbup:

Embarrassing really Arty - and terrible PR:RpS_thumbdn:

Did they not come back to you about your ceiling then?

Hi @CurrierPlastering, thanks for your feedback on Thistle Spray Finish – we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and are very pleased to hear you’re a fan! If you speak to your local branch manager they should be able to arrange for this to be stocked.

Will do thanks for the reply

Have to post to congratulate @british Gypsum.

Your Thistle Spray Finish is now excellent. It sprays nice, flattens a treat and is easy to trowel up. Please take note that the extended set time I have been experiencing over the last few days is exactly a required. One large hit is the way forward allowing for prep in the afternoon ready for a early spray the Next day.

The lead time was 6 days which is more then manageable instead of the 17 we had to deal with in the past.

Would it be possible to get this product stocked at Minister Maidstone?

This would be great if they stocked spray finish in Maidstone, i'm only about 8 miles away, id love to be able to get some bags as i need them.

After singing their praises, once again BG have facked it up. Have been told today that the order for more spray finish will not be available until at least 24th June. So the company have removed the order and I'm now having to hand apply multI
@BritishGypsum

What is the point of having spray finish when your logistics make it impossible to use????

It's put me right not the poo. I have a program to meet and now have to have almost twice as much Labour on site.

It won't ever get used if they don't fix the supply. And saying you need to pre order don't work as if we are not supplying we are not in control.

Mp finish is a no no as well as its a Bg sure spec site

Status
Not open for further replies.