Weird Plasterboard

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ribe3

Hi all.

I finished plastering a stud wall covered in new plasterboard but when I returned a few weeks later I noticed a 10 inch square where the plasterboard paper had come away from the board itself along with my new plaster!!

Anyone else had this problem and what is the best way to fix it

Tear it off to where it's sound, use a new Stanley blade to cut a perimeter, PVA and patch it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all.

I finished plastering a stud wall covered in new plasterboard but when I returned a few weeks later I noticed a 10 inch square where the plasterboard paper had come away from the board itself along with my new plaster!!

Anyone else had this problem and what is the best way to fix it

I have had where I skimmed over a blister... I now pull the paper off if it has blown and bond out if a bit dip of simple scrim and scim... but as @BigK says cut it out and patch it in :D

I always tell the young labourer at work when he's scrimming up to remove any loose paper,does't matter what size the damage is.At least you can see any bad bits and deal with them instead of having little "surprises"when your skimming.

I always tell the young labourer at work when he's scrimming up to remove any loose paper,does't matter what size the damage is.At least you can see any bad bits and deal with them instead of having little "surprises"when your skimming.

Absolutely :D

This was a big surprise as not had it happen before and I didn't notice anything beforehand it sort of look like a manufacturing fault/ Regardless thanks for the replies.

I know the best thing to do as mentioned is to cut it out and and and patch it although tempted by the scrim glue idea but no doubt that would probably bite me on the bum. Maybe I was hoping for a Xmas miracle LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.