weidi boards

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinwhitey58

dabbed a shower room out with weidi boards using x7 tile adhesive. would dry wall adhesive done the same job ? x7 dosent cover as much and 3 times the price any thoughts

I'm not familiar with the occult , or conversing with the other side, but welcome to the forum, sure some one will be along soon to help

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum mate!

Are you mechanically fixing the boards back to the wall afterwards as well? then as long as the bonding holds to the board and wall, it would not matter.... (although tile adhesive is more expensive than bonding, and will not bridge as far)

You really don't want to be 'just' dabbing tile backer boards to a wall, then applying the tiles.... if the bonding gets damp or wet it will soften and potentially delaminate and all come down......

what did you use Wedi for anyway............ see the signature below! :rolleyes)

Good Luck!

thanks for welcomes weidi boards are getting mechanically fixed. council recommended weidi boards first time ive come across them cheers

Is their anybody there.............................is their anybody there..............................:RpS_unsure:

Habit I suppose, used to do lots of housing trust work in the nineties , when we stuck boards it was specified to have a hammer fixing in each corner and one in the middle, its in case of fire apparently, the dabs melt and boards fall in the firemans path..that was the reasoning from the surveyors ..

always used hammer fixings on insulated boards, reason being insulation melting with heat, and without fixings the boards would leave wall.

i thought it was mostly insi boards that got dabbed and fixed......i have been known to be wrong from from time to time......:RpS_unsure:

i thought it was mostly insi boards that got dabbed and fixed......i have been known to be wrong from from time to time......:RpS_unsure:
Those too, we used to use the big plastic fittings and then have to use a bit of bonding in the first coat to cover them..

Status
Not open for further replies.