Weep holes

Members online

ankers

Anyone been in a similar situation to this?
I've knocked off weep holes on an extension as in parex spec it says they are not needed in monocouche system due to breathability. Builder going mad saying building control will not pass this off. So the customer has taken the spec to building control and are waiting to see what they say. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks

Get a mate to turn up as building control and pass it in front of builder maybe
Then cash cheque before proper guy comes...

..honestly I ain’t got a clue but I know with a good attitude a solution can often be agreed without too much drama or action needed.
Hope it works out well for you (y)

Anyone been in a similar situation to this?
I've knocked off weep holes on an extension as in parex spec it says they are not needed in monocouche system due to breathability. Builder going mad saying building control will not pass this off. So the customer has taken the spec to building control and are waiting to see what they say. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks
You nocked them off No!! There was none there when you rendered silly billy

parex do say you dont need weepvents. you are correct in that.
but build inspect and esp nhbc will insist on them and will trump parex unfortunatly.

i had this with set of newbuild where they were every 900mm and 450mm over windows. even every 1.5m at floor ceiling level. .. its a f**k*r to bead and to rule around. even to get correct depth.

specs have gone weep mad.

Maybe out of date but I worked for years on an NHBC award winning site and their inspectors always told me that they weren't required on rendered properties. So I used to 'adjust' them with my lath hammer.

Maybe out of date but I worked for years on an NHBC award winning site and their inspectors always told me that they weren't required on rendered properties. So I used to 'adjust' them with my lath hammer.
aint rendered for years andy but always found them things a F*****g waste of time soon as u start to coat the fckers in the way

parex do say you dont need weepvents. you are correct in that.
but build inspect and esp nhbc will insist on them and will trump parex unfortunatly.

i had this with set of newbuild where they were every 900mm and 450mm over windows. even every 1.5m at floor ceiling level. .. its a f**k*r to bead and to rule around. even to get correct depth.

specs have gone weep mad.
Thanks mate sounds like I'm knackered then. Going to be a nightmare putting new ones in

B’reet pal
Going back to a finished job to correct something or even re do is more of an emotional hurdle to jump than doing the job itself is

Are these ok. Be a night mate getting them other ones in

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-194817_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-194817_Chrome.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 149
Not required end of
stop shitin it but to knock em off to make life easier has not worked all you will be doing is trawling net on a weekend for get out of jail for free card

If they was too far back that is builders problem

your welcome