weberpral m Maintenance

gilbo

Hi

I recently had weberpral m applied and I’m wondering if it is as maintenance free as claimed, or if there is anything I should do to keep it looking good

Also if I drill any holes in it for fixtures do I need to use a silicone sealant, and if so is there one you would recommend

Thanks

If it is still new and fresh then have a water repellent treatment put on. Pral m is already waterproof but it stains easy. Weber and other manufacturers make their own treatment and is stain, dirt, algae repellent.

As for holes? Well according to bleeding Weber, they insist tha plastic plugs should not be in the rendering but knocked into the substrate to avoid cracking! One of many of their unwritten rules but applied when needed as a get out clause!

So maybe an idea to fill the hole a bit with silicone where the plug should be to void wter ingress.

I have various render tester panels in different locations around my own house , all different way facing, some sealed and some not and some painted , on my Weber mono tester panel I used 2 different types of sealer parex and vimark both have seemed to stay in the same condition but the wall does stain slightly still due to bad over hang of sandstone above , I lightly jet wash it and it all comes off
Hope this helps

Hi thanks for the replies, Would you have any ideas roughly how much I would expect the water repellent to cost to be applied. I’ll probably ask the guy who put the mono on if he will do it, but not sure why he didn’t ask before as it’s extra money. Then again he did mention something, but I thought that was for the unrendered brickwork, which I don’t think I need

Thanks

Hi thanks for the replies, Would you have any ideas roughly how much I would expect the water repellent to cost to be applied. I’ll probably ask the guy who put the mono on if he will do it, but not sure why he didn’t ask before as it’s extra money. Then again he did mention something, but I thought that was for the unrendered brickwork, which I don’t think I need

Thanks

You have to let the product dry out then come back, something customers don’t want as, as soon as the rendering is done they want the scaffolding down.

As for application the application is easy but what takes most time is masking up. Get this stuff anywhere it doesn’t belong and it will show when wet. It takes longer to cover up than do.

Parex is the most expensive on the market at £300 Including vat and I get 80m2 out of a tub. But some people get 110m2.

Masking up materials then whatever his labour rates are.