Weberpral M application

Members online

Jamesk77

Hello all,

First post looking for some advice on a job I've had done.

Had my house rendered in Weber mono, my main question is regarding the thickness it should be applied.

The guys did a 3-4mm base of rendaid with 10mm beads and mesh embedded/on top. Then single coat of pral M scraped back to show the beads.

At the time I questioned it as had previous quotes based on 15mm thickness, and was told by the guys the 'total' thickness from brick to surface is 15mm which is correct.

After speaking with a sales rep in a builders yard he said the mono coat alone has to be 15mm to meet Weber's product guarantee, not including the rendaid. Weber tech have confirmed this via email saying a 10mm pass voids product guarantee.

Where do I stand with this and what are people's thoughts? My main concern is when you look at a 10mm PVC bead, at the edge it's actually only 5-6mm of material at most?

The guys have done a great finish so that's not a problem at all.

If you have a 3 or 4mm basecoat and 10mm top coat of Pral M your overall thickness is going to be near on 15mm including your basecoat.

There’s no problem with that.

Weber may have thought you meant 10mm of Pral M and nothing else, plus Weber won’t really care because it’s Weber.

As long as you have at least mesh in the stress points a consistent, uniform finish and your happy with the work, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.

If you want to stress and look for problems that don’t exist, you can do it all day with rendering

Hello all,

First post looking for some advice on a job I've had done.

Had my house rendered in Weber mono, my main question is regarding the thickness it should be applied.

The guys did a 3-4mm base of rendaid with 10mm beads and mesh embedded/on top. Then single coat of pral M scraped back to show the beads.

At the time I questioned it as had previous quotes based on 15mm thickness, and was told by the guys the 'total' thickness from brick to surface is 15mm which is correct.

After speaking with a sales rep in a builders yard he said the mono coat alone has to be 15mm to meet Weber's product guarantee, not including the rendaid. Weber tech have confirmed this via email saying a 10mm pass voids product guarantee.

Where do I stand with this and what are people's thoughts? My main concern is when you look at a 10mm PVC bead, at the edge it's actually only 5-6mm of material at most?

The guys have done a great finish so that's not a problem at all.
That’s fine and there’s probably less chance of it cracking as I’ve always thought the thiner your top coat is the less weight on the sub Structure . But I’m not weber

One Weber tech will tell you a total thickness of 15mm and and another will say 15mm mono on top of the base coat(s).

So with Weber clowns in their white shirts and tie to one side lets look at their competitors. They all say 15mm minimum thickness but that can be 3-5mm base coat rest mono coat.

Ignore the Weber baffoons. There is only their Scottish rep thats worth talking too.