weber through coloured render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

markyspread

hi guys any advice welcome, i have got a garden wall to do on an old art deco place in guildford, client wants weber through coloured render, i have never used pre bagged before , so is it scratchcoat, bead, (plastic), then top coat next day also with regards to rubbing up do i use a normal poly float or sponge float? its only a small job so i thought i might as well give it a try, anyone know any suppliers near guildford? cheers for your time

my advice mat is get someone to do it for you on the understanding that you can muck in and learn, each bag will cost you £7.50 plus all the beads and then you got your labour, its clear you dont have a clue what your doing with this stuff and if you get it wrong its going to cost you big time, its also unfair to charge a customer to do a job you cant do. Not being nasty but would you like it if it was the other way round and you were the customer.

yeah thats about £8.80 then. Lot cheaper,adds up over a few hundred bags.
Any ideas then on suppliers at that price. Cheers.

i try ed it out last year had nt done hardly any rendering but seen it today and i was chuffed it looked ok .could of done with a i section i see now espically on the gable where it catches most of the light . i think its better applied by machine .a bit sticky thought for hand applied .i used rend aid mate followed by two coats then you want a scratch pad to finish it when firm enough good luck

Cheers simply. ;) How much do ya get beads for? Today ive just payed about £3.70 inc vat
for 15mm angle and 15mm drip beads. I think its a bit pricey!

Ring weber and they can send an applications manager out to run through the process with ya. This is what we done and he spent the day with us and done an elevation. Was really helpful and free. As good as paying to do the course!

stevo81 said:
Ring weber and they can send an applications manager out to run through the process with ya. This is what we done and he spent the day with us and done an elevation. Was really helpful and free. As good as paying to do the course!
yeah weber have been really helpful with us too ::)

lay it on in 2 passes on the same day instead of a scratch coat and topcoat. when it has firmed up enough that you cant push your thumb in the render and leave a dent its ready, you will need a nail float to gently remove the top 2mm of the surface to leave a finish. A garden wall is ideal

thanks guys its only a small area thats why i was going to give it a go, nothing ventured nothing gained, i will ring weber- anyone got any useful contacts? appreciate your time lads

Status
Not open for further replies.