Weber scratch render

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickyboy

Hi guys
Got a job on , the existing gable end wall needs rendering with weber scratch render. Which we are knocking off existing render at the moment. Attached to the gable is a new extent ion which has been newly rendered and painted, would it be advisable to cover the render with rend aid and mesh then spray over with weber scratch render
Thanks

If the paint work is ok ,but weber don,t recommend going over paint, as the paint is holding the render ,if it was me, i give 2 prices, one to renaid and one to remove the new render ,then it,s up to the customer if they want the risk

Already priced the job to go over with rend aid as I thought it would be fine. But like you said weber don't recommend it. The pain is fine and not flaking. Also though about a few mechanical fixing when it's setb

Key the paint first with angle grinder before rendaiding should be fine if paint is good

key it up. rendaid with mesh bedded in. put some fixings with washers through the base coat and mesh into the existing. can do much more than that without hacking it all off

Already priced the job to go over with rend aid as I thought it would be fine. But like you said weber don't recommend it. The pain is fine and not flaking. Also though about a few mechanical fixing when it's setb

no offence but why did you price a job to go over paint thinking it would be fine but then ask on a public forum if its ok to do?

and wont your levels all be out if your knocking off the gable but the extension is going to be left on??

Is it a large extension to knock off ?, as this would be the safest route. Any Monocouche product is expensive and can become real expensive if it has to be redone down the line by the applicator. Also as Nick says the levels would need to be addressed .

no offence but why did you price a job to go over paint thinking it would be fine but then ask on a public forum if its ok to do?

and wont your levels all be out if your knocking off the gable but the extension is going to be left on??

I've used rend aid before and believed it was to do so , then I've been speaking to a rep who advised against it. So I thought I would ask fellow spreads to see if they had come across a similar situation !
The answer to your second comment about the level is that the extent ion butts up to the gable so its not on the same elevation

Just to throw a spanner in the works what about k rend Hp 12, which as far as I'm aware is designed to go over existing render ?

Status
Not open for further replies.