Weber render repair

Kaz3399

Hi ,

Hope this Is the right place to post ...

Basically our property sustained some damage to the render on Xmas day courtesy of a drink driver .

The house is done in Weber Monocouche and He damaged the render down to the bead on the corner , pictures below .

it’s all going through his insurance however my problem is that they only want to paint the two effected elevations . This is a new build property ( only moved in last sept) and they can’t seem to understand why I feel they should paint it all to fully unify it all , not just in colour but for surface properties also . Weber were preaching all the great benefits of their paint like long term effects of better protection and less cleaning etc so why wouldn’t we want the whole house done so it’s even ?

Do you think this is unreasonable ?
I personally liken it topainting nails on both hands and then only top coating one .

Thanks

Attachments

• 26FF9898-3485-4866-BC26-18216A87182E.jpeg
    26FF9898-3485-4866-BC26-18216A87182E.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 270
when you get quotes ask them to put a figure in for the lot but word for the 2 elevations
Insurance companies a nightmare just now, had bother with our rental fault after upstairs neighbour completely flooded the kitchen, units expanding and worktop expanding with the water. Refused to pay for new kitchen, refused to get water damaged walls removed and would only pay for the units to get removed, walls to be painted in some anti dampness paint and existing units back in.

Insurance companies a nightmare just now, had bother with our rental fault after upstairs neighbour completely flooded the kitchen, units expanding and worktop expanding with the water. Refused to pay for new kitchen, refused to get water damaged walls removed and would only pay for the units to get removed, walls to be painted in some anti dampness paint and existing units back in.
makes you wonder why we pay insurance

Ahh didn’t think of some of these things . They are happy to repair the corner and paint 2 elevations . But my argument is that this is a brand new house and they essentially want to leave us with 2 odds walls , although the colour may be fine , I don’t want two walls that need cleaning more than the other two ! The quote was only 6k .... their stupid customer would be costing them more if he had wrote off a new fiesta .

Ahh didn’t think of some of these things . They are happy to repair the corner and paint 2 elevations . But my argument is that this is a brand new house and they essentially want to leave us with 2 odds walls , although the colour may be fine , I don’t want two walls that need cleaning more than the other two ! The quote was only 6k .... their stupid customer would be costing them more if he had wrote off a new fiesta .
Are you going through there insurance . Might be worth seeing if you got legal cover on your house or car insurance

Are you going through there insurance . Might be worth seeing if you got legal cover on your house or car insurance
Yes , going through his car insurance ( Churchill ) . Really hoped we could avoid going through our home Insurance . We’ve only been home Owners since September

Yes , going through his car insurance ( Churchill ) . Really hoped we could avoid going through our home Insurance . We’ve only been home Owners since September
Shouldnt matter . As it's his fault. Your legal cover might help you

shiiiiiiiiiiii*it That looks terrible...looks like full hack off possibly re build house.

shiiiiiiiiiiii*it That looks terrible...looks like full hack off possibly re build house.
Ha ha , well it is a persimmon house so would probably do us a favour ‍♀️

I know the damage isn’t that bad , just not really what you want within 6 months of buying your first home . Just want it put right and done properly

Only 6k haha

6k is a lot in comparison to what it is ... but in terms of insurance claims I don’t think it’s a lot ? If he had driven into the side of a Bentley it probably would cost them a lot more .
Personally I think 6k for that is alot, insurance quote or not. Get another quote or 2, get the insurance payout and keep the money.

Personally I think 6k for that is alot, insurance quote or not. Get another quote or 2, get the insurance payout and keep the money.
To be honest , they are the company we want to use .. they are Weber’s recommended repairers and their work looks spot on . It’s also to fix a couple of small areas that have blow.
Not really worried about making any money from it just want it done well

To be honest , they are the company we want to use .. they are Weber’s recommended repairers and their work looks spot on . It’s also to fix a couple of small areas that have blow.
Not really worried about making any money from it just want it done well
Well your post said is it unreasonable. Personally if I was your insurer and you sent that photo and said quote is 6k then I'd say yes it's unreasonable.
Theres a post on there the other day someone got quoted 7k to completely render their house in lime render. Your looking almost the same amount to repair a couple of small areas. It's mental money

Well your post said is it unreasonable. Personally if I was your insurer and you sent that photo and said quote is 6k then I'd say yes it's unreasonable.
Theres a post on there the other day someone got quoted 7k to completely render their house in lime render. Your looking almost the same amount to repair a couple of small areas. It's mental money
My post asked if it was unreasonable to only paint two sides ?

in terms of price I couldn’t tell you why their quote is so high but webersil p isn’t cheap , all I know is they are at the top of their game and recommended by Weber , and looking at their work that is who I want to use .

quite frankly I don’t care what it costs them ... I want it put right

Last edited:
My post asked if it was unreasonable to only paint two sides ?

in terms of price I couldn’t tell you why their quote is so high but webersil p isn’t cheap , all I know is they are at the top of their game and recommended by Weber , and looking at their work that is who I want to use .

quite frankly I don’t care what it costs them ... I want it put right
But insurance companies do care what it costs. You can't choose your contractor if the price is obscene, the insurance company haws every right to tell you no and ask for other quotes.

Even painting 4 sides I would say 6k is excessive. It's not exactly a tough fix.

Although if the contractor is saying painting 2 sides will not be noticeable colour change there's no reason to paint the whole house.

But insurance companies do care what it costs. You can't choose your contractor if the price is obscene, the insurance company haws every right to tell you no and ask for other quotes.

Even painting 4 sides I would say 6k is excessive. It's not exactly a tough fix.

Although if the contractor is saying painting 2 sides will not be noticeable colour change there's no reason to paint the whole house.
I fully appreciate that but it won’t stop me from trying to get the best repair I can .

To buy your first home , a brand new one and then have some drunken t**t drive into it on Xmas day is quite dis heartening really .

if I was to paint our house I wouldn’t just paint two sides so why should I accept that from them ?

I fully appreciate that but it won’t stop me from trying to get the best repair I can .

To buy your first home , a brand new one and then have some drunken t**t drive into it on Xmas day is quite dis heartening really .

if I was to paint our house I wouldn’t just paint two sides so why should I accept that from them ?
If the contractor thinks that it won't be noticeable then they know more than you on the matter and you don't have a leg to stand on. With regards to having to clean 2 walls more than the other 2, basically they're just making 2 sides of your house better at no expense to you. If you want the whole house painter offer to pay the contractor for the other 2 sides out of your own pocket, then you won't have to clean your house and you've only had to pay for 2 sides.

Otherwise it sounds like you want your house upgraded for nothing at the cost of the insurer to me

The Inspector who came and looked didn’t even know how to say Monocouche and even said that a patch would blend so not prepared to settle on his decision when Weber say other wise and the contractor on the other hand are in-fact drafting a letter explaining why it’s fair to paint it all .

And as for wanting it upgraded at the expense of the insurer , your wrong . If we had it our way we wouldn’t be having it painted full stop . Is that not the point of having Monocouche render after all ??? If this hadn’t happened we would of dreamt of having it painted . We don’t really want the maintenance that comes with paint every so many years .But I also don’t want a patchy repair or two odd walls.

I fail to see why should our new home have two odds wall because of someone else .

The Inspector who came and looked didn’t even know how to say Monocouche and even said that a patch would blend so not prepared to settle on his decision when Weber say other wise and the contractor on the other hand are in-fact drafting a letter explaining why it’s fair to paint it all .

And as for wanting it upgraded at the expense of the insurer , your wrong . If we had it our way we wouldn’t be having it painted full stop . Is that not the point of having Monocouche render after all ??? If this hadn’t happened we would of dreamt of having it painted . We don’t really want the maintenance that comes with paint every so many years .But I also don’t want a patchy repair or two odd walls.

I fail to see why should our new home have two odds wall because of someone else .
Fair enough.

Don't ask for opinions on a forum if you've already made up your mind

Just because I’ve made my mind up on what we want doesn’t mean I can’t ask for others opinions on whether the potential outcome is fair or not ?