Weber rend aid

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim85

Hi Iv got a job to do in monocouche and we've just purchased a machine. We have done loadsa monocouche before but hand balled it on. No fun!!!

obviously we will use the machine to do the monocouche but the job is a mix of smooth reds and blocks and a few thermalites thrown in for good luck. So I thought I'd use weber rend aid to even it up a bit before we put mono on. Iv never used it so do we just spread it on by hand or can we spray it? Because Iv got a feeling it's not gonna go on very thick as 1 bag does 5m2 . Plus I'll put the mesh and beads in with it.

Iv used k rend hpx is that the same as rend aid?

Ok so iv just read the weber page on rend aid. Says easily applied by roller or by hawk and trowel. Sorted.:RpS_thumbup:

easy depends on background.

mix it up, turn the speed down slow and spray it on like a tyrolean will be fastest

I think ill just trowel it on. Any rough estimates on how much per m2 to charge on rend aid? No idea on price per bag yet. I know what I price mono at but need to know on rend aid.

Thanks for the help

I go on 3m2 max but I put it generously. Some on here will double that but super thin is it doing it's job?

The last time I used it it was not far off £20 squid a bag!

oh and don't get it on you skin as it sticks like **** to a blanket!

So if I expect to get around 4-5 m2 out of a bag and charge a tenna a meter on top it should be about right and then I'm covered if I only get 3m2 out of a bag like rigsby said.

Thanks for ya help!

Is that cheaper andy? And the same kinda stuff?
Jim, the Micro is a paint on product that dries within hours and evens out suction. It works out well cheaper than pre rend and is about 40 quid a tub and goes miles. Its like en external version of thistle bond it

That sounds better. So it's better to use that to even up suction when the surface is flat and doesn't need building out?

if you are using parex monorex then you can add lanco latex to the mixing water and spray your first pass straight onto any background. saves using microgobetis and allows you to crack straight on.

he has got a p11 & so can batch mix 6 bags with lanco in the water no problem. you cannot put latex through an electric machines water supply. you could mix it up first and tip wet gear into the hopper

Is it 751 Lankolatex you are talking about? If so how much is that stuff and how many bags will it mix? Do you mean put on a fair bit keeping it fairly tight and rule it off then go back on it once it's picked up a bit? Or give it a scratch then top next day?

not sure on it cost but you got the right stuff. its just SBR. You could spray your first pass containing lanco straight onto the substrate. straighten it out and bed your mesh into it. You can either give it a scratch leave it set and spray a 10mm layer over the top ready for finishing or try spray a 10mm pass straight over for finishing. you don't need lanco in your top coat.

If your using ,weber ,may be better to use their rendaid ,that way if it goes tits ,least you done it right with the materials ,imo

Good point Keith. Same with using the parex Lankolatex with their mono if it goes wrong ur fooked!

This shits expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.