Weber pral m

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaywall

Hey there I've recently finished rendering a bungalow using weber pral m earth colour and the job looked great but I've just been called back to say that it looks patchy.when I returned it looked like it has white dust in places can anyone explained what it is and why it happens and how to get rid of it.thanks.

Think it might need a paint ,even though some say washing down with brick acid can do it ,but on that colour i don,t know

This is Lime Bloom. It happens in winter and if there is damp in the air. It might weather away but worse case is paint it with an equalising solution.

Google lime bloom in coloured cement renders.

sounds like bloom but they misses or scrape through's showing the other coats underneath.

need a pic to be certain before advising him

sounds like bloom but they misses or scrape through's showing the other coats underneath.

need a pic to be certain before advising him

Yes, you could be right there. I was presuming the obvious at this time of year but it could be misses or halo rings.

Did you on completion of scraping back fully brush down? If you didn,t then when the dust blows off there could be misses. Even misses that you have 'missed' show up more when it starts drying out.

If it is lime bloom then the downloads of google will help you, if it misses or halo rings then you are in trouble. That will be down to you.

You might have to apply equalising solution.

The darker colours are the worst for showing faults, always try and use Chalk.

Yes, you could be right there. I was presuming the obvious at this time of year but it could be misses or halo rings.

Did you on completion of scraping back fully brush down? If you didn,t then when the dust blows off there could be misses. Even misses that you have 'missed' show up more when it starts drying out.

If it is lime bloom then the downloads of google will help you, if it misses or halo rings then you are in trouble. That will be down to you.

You might have to apply equalising solution.

The darker colours are the worst for showing faults, always try and use Chalk.
was it Henry ford ?"any colour you like ,as long as it,s black " i,m with you chalk all the way :RpS_thumbup:

Thanks guys deffinetly lime bloom the basecoat was not soaked all mixed properly no dry lumps no misses no ghosting halo rings and was all brushed off properly.

Jub Revitacolor AG from Direct Building Supplies in Bradford. next day delivery. You will need 2 tubs and the first coat soaks in but the second goes miles. They will mix it to any Ral colour code or give them the Weber colour. Water down the first coat 10% (I think), you can look up the specs on Jub,s website. Medium pile roller. Nice stuff to use.

Thanks for this info mate you say they will match the colour is it like paint or is it
a clear solution that just gets rid of the lime bloom?

paint, watered down at 20%. if its part of a system use there own manufactorer stabalizer, if not use any make.

Cheers rigsby,owls a bit difficult the client is a painter and decorator and I talked him into having through coloured render so he didn't have to paint it thinking he would go for the usual chalk,cream or ivory which I usually use but he wanted an off the shelf colour EARTH which I have never used I used the method that I always use and it always comes out mint this time I might have applied it when it was a bit foggy,misty towards the end of the day.this is probably the cause of the lime bloom but if I turn up there with tubs of paint he is going to start asking questions.please help lads I did get a link From adcarplastering cheers pal about Hydrochloric Acid masonry cleaning solution is it the usual brick and patio acid off the shelf at jewson aor lawsons or is it something special

You can get the eco stuff which doesnt have any acid in it whcih isnt as harsh as the other stuff. less chance of fading the colour B&Q do it

I had a download on the subject of lime bloom, one of many. One of them said the acid may well work but temporary and the bloom may return.

If you use the acid method and it is successful can you let us know?

Never tell a client you are using an equalising paint always an equalising solution. The word paint is a no-go with clients but a solution is a solution. Even though it is a paint in a way.

Ditto what said above,
equaliser is acrylic so will last a lifetime, weather and uv resistant so will last a lifetime as opposed to standard masonary paint.

Hi Jaywall,

Although I've experienced lime bloom I've never had to correct it. I'd do a test area with the acid, if that doesn't work then go with the 'paint'.

Cheers rigsby,owls a bit difficult the client is a painter and decorator and I talked him into having through coloured render so he didn't have to paint it thinking he would go for the usual chalk,cream or ivory which I usually use but he wanted an off the shelf colour EARTH which I have never used I used the method that I always use and it always comes out mint this time I might have applied it when it was a bit foggy,misty towards the end of the day.this is probably the cause of the lime bloom but if I turn up there with tubs of paint he is going to start asking questions.please help lads I did get a link From adcarplastering cheers pal about Hydrochloric Acid masonry cleaning solution is it the usual brick and patio acid off the shelf at jewson aor lawsons or is it something special

I have found what I could use as a disclaimer in my quotes. It is on my other computer so when I can I will post it on this thread. I will use it it for all coloured cement renders as when it happens when you give a perfectly honest explanation you are lying. This disclaimer will give them pre warning.

Thanks again everyone for the solution to my limebloom problem.the brick and patio cleaner worked perfect.i won't be applying earth coloured mono on a cold foggy day again

Go to Buildbase get their mortar stain remover then dilute it according to the instruction and pour it into noe of those chemical sprayers that you pump up, then spray it evenly all over leave it for 10 minutes then rinse it down, this generally solves the problem have done it a few times and its always worked, did the render catch the frost at all

Hello,
can you use weber pral m as a monochoce on to brick that has had render nocked of ? Or do you need to apply a sand an cement scratch coat on to the background or can you use a bonding agent ?

Thanks
liam

Hello,
can you use weber pral m as a monochoce on to brick that has had render nocked of ? Or do you need to apply a sand an cement scratch coat on to the background or can you use a bonding agent ?

Thanks
liam

Best use the manufacturers base render. Straight on brick is a no no.

What about a tight coat of sand an cement as its part painted an part brick ?

There are other threads on her regarding putting mono onto a S & C scratch coat. It may work it may not. Salts coming through the S & C will ruin the colour. The manufactured base coats have salt inhibitors and other chemicals to prevent problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.