Weber Pral M Render Issues - Help please for best way forward

Members online

The render is marketed as 'Through Coloured' which suggests to me that if it is scratched by something like a wheelbarrow or the handle bars of my bike then the scratch should be the same colour as the render on the surface.. thus it would be, as they claim, low maintenance.... Alas it is not.

I bought this from Travis Perkins using my credit card. I paid £2028 for it. I found this problem and approached TP and the Manufacturer… They messed me about aND WERE CLUELESS AS TO WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE TO RESOLVE THE MATTER... and so I prepared a legal case and give it to them.. they settled in the amount of £2750 but then banned me from their stores, so breached their own settlement agreement, thus releasing me from it…. Nice move... right?

I prepared a second case and this time presented it to the credit card company (section 75 of CCA 1974). They paid me £16,800 damages.

Anyone with issues with WEBER PralM one coat can get in touch and I will show you have to claim your money back and damages. You must have used it or had it used within the last three years.

To WEBER: How dya like dem apples!?!
Well, I am using parex and the support is second to none. And that bit with the scratching is weird tbh. I have done repairs where I had to hack off the render and it is one colour indeed.

Hi All,

This is my first post here and I would be very grateful of any advice on the best way forward regarding some weber pral m render that was applied to 3 walls on a kitchen extension in August last year that has a number of issues and needs to be sorted. With better weather and longer days it is time to put it right and it would be great to hear from some of you guys who have experience with weber products.

The render is quite uneven in places. By 15mm in one area where you can just about see a pink mesh in the very centre where presumably it has been scratched back too much.

Some small holes are appearing, particularly on one corner of the property where feedback from the builder after being in contact with weber technical support advised that the mix had not been mixed enough before application.

There are also a number 'halo's' across all 3 walls.

Below are some pictures that might help.

Firstly the uneven application:
View attachment 17470

Secondly the holes that are appearing (pic 1):
View attachment 17471

Holes (pic 2):
View attachment 17473

Some of the halos: (halo 1)
View attachment 17474

Halo 2:
View attachment 17475

This halo above is the one that has a centre where you can just make out the mesh and has a dip of more than 15mm in the middle between the window and the corner of the wall (see below pic):
View attachment 17476

Some untidy edges:
View attachment 17477

Is it a case that the whole thing needs to be taken down or is there an alternative? Could it be treated as a very expensive base layer with something added on top to hide the halo's and cover up the holes and generally improve the overall appearance?

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice given.

James
Hi I’m new here and came because I too have holes all over in my coloured render that was completed only 2 weeks ago, also when you run your hand over the render it it feels like sand comes off the surface. Really dissatisfied any ideas thx

Attachments

• 4D773011-9EC3-4309-A37E-9CD6FFB2C0B5.jpeg
    4D773011-9EC3-4309-A37E-9CD6FFB2C0B5.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 187
The render is marketed as 'Through Coloured' which suggests to me that if it is scratched by something like a wheelbarrow or the handle bars of my bike then the scratch should be the same colour as the render on the surface.. thus it would be, as they claim, low maintenance.... Alas it is not.

I bought this from Travis Perkins using my credit card. I paid £2028 for it. I found this problem and approached TP and the Manufacturer… They messed me about aND WERE CLUELESS AS TO WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE TO RESOLVE THE MATTER... and so I prepared a legal case and give it to them.. they settled in the amount of £2750 but then banned me from their stores, so breached their own settlement agreement, thus releasing me from it…. Nice move... right?

I prepared a second case and this time presented it to the credit card company (section 75 of CCA 1974). They paid me £16,800 damages.

Anyone with issues with WEBER PralM one coat can get in touch and I will show you have to claim your money back and damages. You must have used it or had it used within the last three years.

To WEBER: How dya like dem apples!?!
Hi

I have been working as a Bricky/ Groundworks labourer for over 5 years now. Got to know a bit about building work and was asked to help manage and build a home For a family member. As you you know once you start you quickly realise your all alone and know one is really there to help ya.
Any how’s I got a good local Renderer who’s been using Weber for years now to help me render the property with his nephew and spray machine. We used the pralm on most of the house and on one section which was part of the old house we used the Weber silicon render of the same colour( silver Pearl).

Both of them have turned out 2 different colours to what should be the right colour for silver Pearl.
I got long email from Weber technical team saying as far they are concerned it was all batched with no problems etc. I have sent them pictures which clearly show wrong colours but they seem not to be interested and may send a rep.
I have spent so much time money and effort in doing this render properly that I’m heart broken. I can’t really take any further stress and they have just left me to it as well as CCF where are bought the product from.
Can you please help me with this?

The render has been finished in the last few days.

Attachments

• B402334C-BD85-4958-8832-DB54BC697EF1.jpeg
    B402334C-BD85-4958-8832-DB54BC697EF1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 110
  • 130A3AE4-8CAF-4F35-A744-1778B862A493.jpeg
    130A3AE4-8CAF-4F35-A744-1778B862A493.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 120
  • 6CD39873-D24C-4EED-B989-EE557660C01A.jpeg
    6CD39873-D24C-4EED-B989-EE557660C01A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 126
Hi

I have been working as a Bricky/ Groundworks labourer for over 5 years now. Got to know a bit about building work and was asked to help manage and build a home For a family member. As you you know once you start you quickly realise your all alone and know one is really there to help ya.
Any how’s I got a good local Renderer who’s been using Weber for years now to help me render the property with his nephew and spray machine. We used the pralm on most of the house and on one section which was part of the old house we used the Weber silicon render of the same colour( silver Pearl).

Both of them have turned out 2 different colours to what should be the right colour for silver Pearl.
I got long email from Weber technical team saying as far they are concerned it was all batched with no problems etc. I have sent them pictures which clearly show wrong colours but they seem not to be interested and may send a rep.
I have spent so much time money and effort in doing this render properly that I’m heart broken. I can’t really take any further stress and they have just left me to it as well as CCF where are bought the product from.

2 completely definitely products silicone & mono, it's like a magnolia emulsion & gloss looking the same it's not going to happen

Silicon over the mono
Should the colours not be very similar tho
They are both sold as silver Pearl ?

The silicon looks more cream/ beige and the mono is light/grey
2 totally different colours.

Surely silver Pearl is the colour and there may be a slight very minimal difference due to the different materials.
The only reason I went with Weber because they do the same colour in both renders.

It’s a very large house and the render has cost so much money already. (340m2) approx

Should the colours not be very similar tho
They are both sold as silver Pearl ?

The silicon looks more cream/ beige and the mono is light/grey
2 totally different colours.

Surely silver Pearl is the colour and there may be a slight very minimal difference due to the different materials.
The only reason I went with Weber because they do the same colour in both renders.

It’s a very large house and the render has cost so much money already. (340m2) approx
Should I have been told and advised that the colours would be totally different?

Should I have been told and advised that the colours would be totally different?
You haven't a foot to stand on, you won't get anywhere with em,
It's live with it or silicon the lot unfortunately

Hi

Two different materials two different colours, so the answer to your questions is yes I’m afraid

thank you for your comments guys.
I do believe I have been miss sold the products then as I believed that the colours would be closely matched and the girl at the counter pretty much said that they are the same colour.
I will have to go down that route. If I new I wouldn’t have bothered with Weber.