Weber onto foil back celotex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim85

Hi iv been asked to price an external job onto celotex which has already been put up.

I'm on the weber xp therm course next Thursday so I'll probably get the answers I need on there but need to know now really to price this job.

Last time I was there doing the mono course I saw in the demo section the weber one coat stuff sprayed onto foil type celotex insulation. What is that product? And what's the process? Think it looked like it was just primed and 2 passes with mesh in each then scraped?

Thanks

Actually what I'm asking in short is can weber m1 go onto celotex? If so what's the process? Does it need priming?

Ok that's what weber have said, it's part of a system.

Do any of the other firms who manufacture spray renders do anything that would go onto foil back celotex?

The builder has gone ahead way before speaking to anyone about the finish and put 100mm celotex over the whole place and is pretty keen to keep it there.

He says he has spoken to k rend and they do a product that can go onto it. But he mite of just made a boob and needs it covered up

It's a pretty big house I haven't measured it but guessing around 230-250m2 so quite fancy it if we can find the right product.

Not sure if you can put riblath over it and render. A council had that spec round here before. Not sure if it was a mistake or they did get someone to do it.

The only options i can see available are fix another 25mm eps board that is designed for EWI over the top of the celotex or install a render carrier board over the celotex i.e Aquapanel

I was thinking of putting rib lath over it and then 2 scratches of sand and cement at 5:1 then pral with full mesh in first pass. But still doubt weber would gaurantee it.

Not that I think that's their main concern.

I'm going to measure up and have a chat with them about how they want to tackle it. See if they fancy taking it all off and starting again. :)

Anyone need any 4 inch celotex?

Not sure if you can put riblath over it and render. A council had that spec round here before. Not sure if it was a mistake or they did get someone to do it.

The only options i can see available are fix another 25mm eps board that is designed for EWI over the top of the celotex or install a render carrier board over the celotex i.e Aquapanel
Or walk away :RpS_wink:

Hi Mate

what is behind the Cellotex?

I think it is fair to say, no render company are going to allow you to directly render to a foil faced insulation....

Whatever you fit in front of it, you will need to fix it through the insulation into the actual structure behind...

The house is solid brick and block. They've done a lovely job of fixing the celotex to the place just a shame it's the wrong stuff.

Iv rendered over 50mm celotex before with normal galvanised mesh fixed with big knock ins with sand and cement. I advised against it but the builder wanted it done. That was around a year ago and he still lives there and no problems with the render so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.