weber one coat render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

iain_flanagan

working for a property developer who we have worked on jobs for along time, me and another spread,they have asked us if would render the outside of the property with weber ocr,neither of us have used this product before any good tips when using this

hi church
plenty of exprience in traditional s&c rendering,surley this product is produced to make live easier than s&c just wondering if there are any tips on surface prep and rubbing up ,will be going on concrete blocks

you shouldnt have to many problems just because its a new way of doing things its nothing you cant handle, i would reconmend you read up on it as much as you can , hopefully you have someone to mix up for you that part is just repertition, if you are putting it on by trowel its the same as wet hardwall really to use the base coat is the same but sticky with tiny fibres thoughout. Your blocks sound perfect and depending on how you are doing the job two passes at 10 -15mm per coat will be fine rule off and fill in , leave no holes and over plaster your beads by a few mil if you are scraping back, depending on the weather you can scrape back the same day if your work is in the sun, test by pressing your thumb into the render it should not leave a indent use a nail float to scrape back in little circles and brush off with a soft broom head once you have done as far as you can reach also once you start scraping do not leave an stop for any lengh of time hope this helps.

and get youre beading absolutely crack on at the joins especially if scraping back the next day it goes very brittle

if you do buy scrapers try and look out for a finer or smaller toothed scraper aswell these are better for same day scrapes ther standard longer toothed scrapes better for getting stuck in the next day

beaded up and all prep work done ready for a good start monday morning,going to do the single story sections first and see how we go,is there any thing we have to do to the concrete blocks before we start or is it just dust down the blocks and start getting it on
thanks for the advice

no slap it on two coats while the first is still tacky and darby it off, what did you put youre angle beads up with mate?

didnt think ocr could be scraped,used weber ocr1 2 and 3 and they were non coloured flat render!

gmw think you could be right about it just being a flat coat finish,thought the developers had been in touch about this product, going to phone the tec line monday myself,you no what im thinking at the mo is f**k it get me some s&c to the job

Dont panic Iain ;) ive noticed a lot of confusion with all these ocr renders , it does depend on what product you using as gmw said ocr 1,2,3 are smooth finish renders (cemen) based ,there are just different strengths ,now weber mono pral are though colour renders (polymer) based scrape back renders . There are a few different firms selling this stuff weber , k-rend, wetherbys and that is why confusion sets in same sort of stuff diferent names ,monocouche means (one coat ) just find out what you are using and get on there web site ;)

ian,as church says dont panic,its easy,if you can s&c this is a breeze,do exactly as church says above and your home dry,its one coat but two passes by hand,scratch then when it picks up top,{get it on for dinner or you may be there till eastenders is on}.all the best.

hello mate sorry about the ocr thing i would've thought it was mono too every fuc*er has it nowadays, don't panic about galve nails with mono you can use anything i was going to say use some hp12 base coat, ive never used cement based ocr will you be spraying it on? do you lads know the advantages of using this over standard s+c ?

it was weber mono pral,and i must say what an excellent job we have made of it,how much are people charging per metre would not hesitate to use it again,thanks for all the advice

35 per meter private and about 15 on site depending on mesh , so how did u find using it ?

excellent product did 20 m2 yesterday on the single story exstension as our test run,scraped it up this morning cannot believe how easy and good it looks,did part of the double story this afternoon will scrape that up in the morning,then weve got the big baby about 60 m2 cant wait

if youre starting on it a little earlier mate and still going for a next day scrape you might want to think about covering it with hessian and giving it a good soak too keep it a little moist you can soak the actuall render aswell aslong as it has decent skin on it
if youre going to scrape it the same day leave it as late as poss you can get a slight colour devience it's supposed to be scraped the same firmness so if youve got one side of a building broke up with stop beads at least try to scrape these back the same time , but this is where the fun starts with mono we live in england !!

Status
Not open for further replies.