Weber ocr

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted recently about this. Something to do with a change of sand supplier. I am going to give Parex's ocr (parmuex) a go. Is Parnurex an ocr?

Was thinking of micro and if not ocr then two coats a day apart?

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

lol yep I meant the render micro cracks on the surface, I tend to sponge them back in, but I don't think you need to, if painting they are filled no problem.

Had a few hairlines on one job a few months back but put that down to NDI supplying me with 12 month old bags, which didnt get noticed til we were floating up and noticed a difference.
Done a 300m2 job recently and no problems but it has been topped with Tonachino which is fibrous.

Had a few hairlines on one job a few months back but put that down to NDI supplying me with 12 month old bags, which didnt get noticed til we were floating up and noticed a difference.
Done a 300m2 job recently and no problems but it has been topped with Tonachino which is fibrous.
Did you spray Rory?
Did you float or just isection & sponge?

Is that the refina one john or another?

PFT. Fab piece of kit. 2 sponges a power trowel, power plastic float and a disc with what looks like blunt screws sticking out of it. Great for rock hard mono what needs its back breaking.

Refina one it's a good workout on the shoulders as well.
S&c I've tried twice and failed twice it seems to craze like mad.
Had to redo both jobs, one I micro'd and sponge finished monorex @ 6mm and it came out well.
Still there 2 yrs later.

Refina one it's a good workout on the shoulders as well.
S&c I've tried twice and failed twice it seems to craze like mad.
Had to redo both jobs, one I micro'd and sponge finished monorex @ 6mm and it came out well.
Still there 2 yrs later.

Using the Refina power float if it's OCR to be painted can you use the float attachment first and then the sponge?

I have been using OCR the last 2 days.facade to be painted.
Day 1. I section power sponge then hand sponge
Day 2 I section then hand float and power sponge.
Day 1 finish just is'nt quiet up to scratch for me
Day 2 finish was a notch up although it took a hour or so more over 55m2 but was bang on

The thing with plain render rob for me is the quicker and wetter u finish it the more likely to leave actions in the shape. A firmer set will finsh flatter. You agree ?
Always tempting with an ocr to just get it early and go home before its paunted a week later

Treat it like mp75 .Use ur power float but not too early. U will know when it just right After its sponged finish it with a car sponge.
I found that system best

I have been using OCR the last 2 days.facade to be painted.
Day 1. I section power sponge then hand sponge
Day 2 I section then hand float and power sponge.
Day 1 finish just is'nt quiet up to scratch for me
Day 2 finish was a notch up although it took a hour or so more over 55m2 but was bang on
So you've invested in a power sponge, it does take some getting used to @bobby. Try just shaving the surface off with a spat and filling any hollows at that stage. Then power sponge mate.

I have a Filzomat and it depends on the humidity on how I finish it. In the colder months it rubs up without water and is scoured. Wait till it is nearly set then finish with a float. In the warmer months it will need a spray then mechanical rub up followed by a upholstery sponge.

OCR is a strange material to master. Used Jub ocr a few times and got it sorted. First time it all slid off taking the mesh with it. Over ruling makes it wetter and top heavy risking slump cracks.

It's hard going but the panel I did yesterday using a traditional float was bang tidy.heavy on the arm though.fine power sponge to finish
Do you mesh your walls Rory?
Might try that next week as having all that gear on in one hit it causing some cracking.
Bloody hate full mesh on new blockwork time consuming and mesh every where.

Status
Not open for further replies.