weber OCR

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblones

anyone ever sponge finished this next day, ie. lay on one day, leave overnight, shave it in morning and sponge it to a finish

yess blone but you would prob be better "laying on" like a mono rather than "ruling off" the bead as norm for sand and cement. you will need the pore sponge and it will prob take a bit of water to bring it up. the pore sponge will leave a coarse finish also so may need a finer sponge over at the end but we usually go over with texture coat when we use this method. controll your suction if leaving overnight too

yes blone, better to lay on like a mono rather than rule off the bead like with S/C and use the pore sponge to bring it up - it will prob take a fair bit of water to get it up and the finish is coarse sponge so if you want it smooth you will need a finer sponge second. We normally acrylic over when we do this system so no need for fine sponge, controll suction also if leaving overnight

Never done it jenks so this is probably wrong but I'd make sure every single bit is scratched back before you sponge or I reckon itd show

I really haven't got the balls to try this, only used the stuff a few times, but scared i'll come back and it will be solid and fkd...

Do you run the ibar over it the next day and it's still spongeable under neath

wtf going on ere I answered it once and reply never came up, so I answered it again and now I have two replies ? ? ?
theres a parrot gremlin in the works here Danny

yes blone, better to lay on like a mono rather than rule off the bead like with S/C and use the pore sponge to bring it up - it will prob take a fair bit of water to get it up and the finish is coarse sponge so if you want it smooth you will need a finer sponge second. We normally acrylic over when we do this system so no need for fine sponge, controll suction also if leaving overnight
furk me youre like yoda when you explain things.

Explain it to me like a normal person. (i would lay on mono or ocr on the same way)

and i am talking about leaving it over night and its weber OCR not parex or anything. I think it might hang like flinnymans tits if i aim to float the same day but i dont want it to scar or fuckall

done this with cpi last week it was hanging around all day so i thought fu## it it will be fine tomorrow ?? solid as a rock next morning ended up putting a tight coat over it and was fine not worth the risk if u ask me

furk me youre like yoda when you explain things.

Explain it to me like a normal person. (i would lay on mono or ocr on the same way)

fekin country bumpkin

what I mean is rule up in front of the beads by a few mm like you was going to cut back.

When I use S/C or ocr as a plain smooth render that I am going to float up smooth the same day I rule "off" the beads leaving the required depth there and then prior to floating up.

So basically leave it 3mm heavy for your I bar.

Maybe you do anyway I dont ferkin know what goes on in wales boyo

1, so have u rubbed ocr with a spunge next day

2 ditto parmurex trevor

not with parmurex but with OCR at 15mm yes. so even the suction a bit so its still nice in the morning, shoulnt be a prob in this temps. tricky in summer tho with both products

Status
Not open for further replies.