Weber OCR on new blockwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJDEAN

Hi,

Does anyone know if you spray weber ocr in 1 or 2 passes? And does it need rendaid if it's on new blockwork?
I was going to bead, spray first coat with full mesh and leave with a scratch, then spray second coat next day, rule,spat,float and sponge.
Cheers

It says on the bag if after your first pass it drys to scratch it and wait 5-7 days to cure and do like traditional sand cement

I sprayed last job over 10mm beads dabbed tight on block work one pass no problem, not fully meshed just stress points, no cracks insight as i have had issues with micro cracking with ocr but paint does cover them so not to bad .

I'm sure it does mate, just seems odd to me. Thanks Ivor, I was gonna use 15mm beads so was thinking it would be too much for one pass?

I'm sure it does mate, just seems odd to me. Thanks Ivor, I was gonna use 15mm beads so was thinking it would be too much for one pass?
It's a one coat material but 2 passes the same day.
That's the whole point of the product.dab on 10mm beads to give you 15mm overall.
I spray my first pass a few mil thicker.
If your going to leave your finish coat till the next day use a cheaper material,CPI/k-rend 2 coat renders

ive been doing 15mm beads same day first pass with mess second pass then scratched to like a mono finish if that helps

FB_IMG_1446228769333.jpg
It was done at 20mm one pass

Status
Not open for further replies.