Weber OCR Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All been asked to render using weber OCR, as ive never used this before would appreciate any application advice/tips ect. substrate is mainly old brickwork, fairly weathered as face of bricks is shot and parts are new block work where doorways have been bricked up, so was thinking would need to use weber rend aid berore applying OCR (is this the way to go) Is it the same as traditional sand and cement to apply ie scratch then topcoat or can you apply with one coat? does it rub up the same as sand and cement? also there are parts of an existing rendered wall that have blown, can OCR be patched into old sand & cement render?

sorry about all the questions, just thought id get them out the way lol

Cheers Lads

yes it can to everything you said
treat it like sand and cement only dont need to scratch coat, just get it on in one coat or if heavy on, two successive passes whilst still live so it goes in monolithic

depends on the substrate. if you can get away with just meshing stress points then just do that in your first pass

Reactions: gps
Everything is now built on the cheap...... the render is what everyone sees, so if it cracks it is the renders fault, although the cheaply built substrate or foundations are usually the problem.
The render suppliers, when called in after the event ask: 'what did you use when you applied the render...... Mesh would of helped!'
Sad state of the construction industry at the moment!

Excellent - what is it you do?
I'm not a spread myself - I specify and sell Knauf Aquapanel Exterior - the render carrier board.

ah thats a secret lol

i met u a few yrs back in welwyn garden city. my names nick. i was working for 2 bellend carpenters who wanted me to finish ur basecoat as nice as sand and cement and wouldnt pay for acrylic

Oh Yeah - I remember........ That couple of arses tried to screw all of us.
Yeah i know who are you are, got you number on my phone..... hows life treating you? Busy?

how did it end up with them from ur end?? i had him constantly ringing and texting me telling me i had to go back to the job. did u ever get involved in that job in aylesbury for them??

yeah things arent too bad. been pretty busy and got a fair bit coming up.

He originally told us the client was happy with the effect and the only face that looked different was not an issue, as it was not a side the client was not going to regularly. Then the clients wife got involved and we ended up going to site and standing up and stating that he had accepted it!

He wanted us to supply and pay for someone to apply a textured topcoat - which is where we parted company and have never spoken to each other since!

So no - we did not hear anything else about the Aylesbury project..........

Everything is now built on the cheap...... the render is what everyone sees, so if it cracks it is the renders fault, although the cheaply built substrate or foundations are usually the problem.
The render suppliers, when called in after the event ask: 'what did you use when you applied the render...... Mesh would of helped!'
Sad state of the construction industry at the moment!

not only low strength cheaper blocks but no sooner is the last course of block layed and the mortar beds still wet they have you in rendering it. it is suppose to be left to settle first

@ Nick - Yep..... Idiot!
@ John - You know the score..... I keep being told, when specing jobs, no there is no need for speed on sites anymore...... Then they run late on a slow programme anyway, and before you know it......
We live in strange times - if it picks up there will be a skills shortage and even more problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.