Weber Monocouche - should it REALLY look like this?

Members online

Has anyone else noticed the increase in people doing Monocouche as a two coat system?
Obviously a contradiction in terms.
Yes, when I first did it on a office block in Northfleet in the very late nineties it was one coat and the rep gave us two wooden handled
spatulas with metal blades a couple of scorers and then f**k*d off. How times have changed

Yes, when I first did it on a office block in Northfleet in the very late nineties it was one coat and the rep gave us two wooden handled
spatulas with metal blades a couple of scorers and then f**k*d off. How times have changed
I think I must have dyslexic fingers that was meant to be the late eighties and scourers, not nineties and scorers

Can also happen if the suns directly on it for too long???
I spray on site most days and the block works so bad in places it must be 10mm max in others prob about 25mm and as long as it drys naturally you’re normally ok!! know one ever says anything to the brickies though lol
Webber do a colour match pair so worse case that’ll cover it up.

why don't you stick a conta charge in if you have extra work and extra materials ?

I've worked for persimmon who spec a one coat on to 3.5n blocks. 50% of the time ghosting would appear.

On my own jobs I always use rendaid and mesh. And anyone who says they can't use a derby as a straight edge...errrm

In my honest opinion a base coat will prevent this happening as the suction is already killed by the rendaid. Leaving a nice uniform substrate to apply top coat.

And yes bricks are better/stronger and longer lasting. Rendering on to blocks is a cheap and quick method used and should not be a first choice if longevity is required.

WEBER make paint which match the colour of the render I believe this could be an option. Failing that just use a good external paint.

I've worked for persimmon who spec a one coat on to 3.5n blocks. 50% of the time ghosting would appear.

On my own jobs I always use rendaid and mesh. And anyone who says they can't use a derby as a straight edge...errrm

In my honest opinion a base coat will prevent this happening as the suction is already killed by the rendaid. Leaving a nice uniform substrate to apply top coat.

And yes bricks are better/stronger and longer lasting. Rendering on to blocks is a cheap and quick method used and should not be a first choice if longevity is required.

WEBER make paint which match the colour of the render I believe this could be an option. Failing that just use a good external paint.
Celcon blocks are dreadfull to render over, cheap nasty,they suck like a hooker at Christmas.always use a primer or a base coat before mono.