weber 1 day course

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
I was thinking of going on a weber 1 day render course it's cost is £150 will I benefit from.

doubt youll learn anything you wont learn on here henry, if your capable of doin s&c render then youll be fine doin mono.

i did it a few years ago, i dd the k rend one also in larne northern ireland.
i found then fairly useful to be honest,looking at different applicatons and ashlar etc.
it was good aswell as i picked the tech departments brains whilst i was there and met the rep for north of england that was there.
had ago with machine spraying aswell.i found the k rend most useful to be honest.might have changed snce then as it was a few year since.

Thanks owls you just change my mind it's all about pressing the flesh and picking the the brains. It's not what you no it's who you no thats gets us a living.

prob is most renderers I know have more knowledge than the reps! (one or two exceptions maybe) So deffo go on site for a couple of days you will be better off

Did it in 2007 and if funds ain't a prob is worth it for the momentum it gives you to get stuck into it afterwards on your own jobs......certainly won't hurt if only to stand in a group of likeminded monocouche keen beans. When your later trying to explain the merits of good setting out with ashlar to ur woman over dinner in the pub......that's when it hits you that was money well spent!

a lad from manchester asked me to help him out on a big job he priced in wilmslow but didnt have a clue about mono, so i went down and we split the profits... he is now doing ok on his own after both of us doing 300 m2 together...
If you have any doubts about mono application ask away mate i will keep you right... PS i wont advise on machine application... as i do it by hand

Thanks owls you just change my mind it's all about pressing the flesh and picking the the brains. It's not what you no it's who you no thats gets us a living.

know what you mean mate, but on this forum theres more contacts and more knowledge of the rendering industry than the whole of weber, the people who take the courses have never done any rendering on site what so ever!

I know from reading that these lads on here are on top of there game in machines and rendering systems. I did that bit of monocromax rendering last year and loved it thinking I wished I had got into this sooner. It would not take me long to come up to spec I always liked rendering more then skimming even when I was a lad more skill in rendering then skimming. I dont wish to keep singing the same old song but think green thats the future gravy train.

agree with previous posts, but for a ton and a half it aint gong to break bank and its against tax anyhow.

henry where you at mate if your not far from me i will come and show you for nowt mate or you could pop along to one of my jobs for a couple of hours you cant beat onsite experience mate

We did the weber course and it is just teaching you what you probably already know. as for practical, there was about a hour or so between the group of 10 of us. Only thing is they say you are a recommended applicator once you have completed it. a certificate doesnt mean jack tho if you still havent used the product/s enough.

has anyone got any mono jobs comin up in the north west or manchester wunt mind bobbing along to see how the bigger stuff is tackled

There you go ryanb do not look a gift horse in the mouth take grand up on his offer.

ha, im ok cheers mate, i do enough of it mon to fri for a living never mind for free. just went on the course to say im an "approved appliactor" load of crap really because there just teaching you to suck eggs so the lecturer put it.

Thank you grand wizard for your kind offer. At the moment my dog is in his later stages of his life so I am unable to go far I would not leave when he really needs me.

Anyone doing a monocouche job at the minute or has one coming up with ashlar lines in and wants a couple of free days labour?? Been doing a few mono jobs last couple of years but none have specified ashlars,just want to see and learn them from an experianced spread. Cheers

Monocouche

Reading everything on here Im really glad I stumbled across the site.
You all seem spot on and willing to help people which goes a long way nowadays.
If anyone has a monocouche job going down in the south and would help me gain a bit of experience please let me know,
Cheers guys and keep up all the great advice :)

Thanks... that's the aim of the site to help and hinder :)

Ignore the banter and there are some absolute gems on here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.