Waterproofing A Single Brick Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathon

Hello All
Looking to waterproof a single brick internal wall and have been advised two methods concerning SBR, any advice on which is best or another method would be much appreciated, first guy advised cleaning wall 100% wire brush, then brush down, apply watered down SBR, let dry then another coat, now apply good thick coat of SBR slurry and leave for 20 min then repeat, leave overnight then do same again then scratch coat 3-1 with SBR, key up and next day top coat 5-1. Other guy said the same except two coats of slurry is all you need, thanks for the help.

if youre doing a slurry coat you need to lay all coats into each other while tacky by the book .......if you want to leave it a couple of days you need to fire a slurry mix over a slurry coat with a tyrolean gun to provide a key and render when you like msate .....if you go over dry sbr slurry youve got no key

Cheers Mate
Would you say its better to leave the 2 coats to dry and use the gun as you say for the next two coats or just go with two wet coats

At least your material costs will be minimal with it only being one brick. Unless it's a giant brick like Gulliver.

the tyroleans the key but you need to apply the slurry and the tryolean to the slurry while its all tacky after that youve got a mechanical key ...........you can sbr slurry it if you want but apply the scratch coat while its tacky

whats all this SBR? iv allways here about this on here, but again i dont no 2 much about rendering.

what is it for and whats it do ?

its like gypbond for external stuff without the bits .......if you add sand/cement or cement you get the bits

i see thanks for putting it into fool proof text i got it! so who has that got to do with waterproofin a wall? and also why would u need a key on a brick wall? unless i had a clean face?

its polymer based so will set like resin and is waterproof .......some bricks offer a shite key e.g engineering brick.......the thread was started cause theres a need to waterproof a single skin wall .....check me out mind 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.