Waterproofing a pond

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucius

As above can anyone recommend a decent additive for the render that will hold up
No fish by the way its just a big water feature.

As above can anyone recommend a decent additive for the render that will hold up
No fish by the way its just a big water feature.

Just render it using any kind of waterproofing agent and salt inhibitor, then paint it with a product called g4 pond sealer

Yes, as Mr Warrior says, I find Cementone integral number 2 waterproof admix one of the finest.And under test, kicks Sika ass.

Thanks chaps, my local supplier only does Sika what about Wickes waterproofer and retarder never had a problem with it on other applications also who makes G4 i suppose an a aquatic centre is the place to get it.

done quite a few ponds for local landscape gardening company peter ashleys in mcr when we did the 1st one we put waterproofer in the mix and when they tried to paint it with G4 it wouldnt take / stick so had to do the rest without waterproofer

done quite a few ponds for local landscape gardening company peter ashleys in mcr when we did the 1st one we put waterproofer in the mix and when they tried to paint it with G4 it wouldnt take / stick so had to do the rest without waterproofer

I've not had an issue, but it is handy to know that there could be a problem when combining the two

just checked out the speck and its states the render must be dry enough to be porous when applying g4, waterproofer would have the opposite effect

just checked out the speck and its states the render must be dry enough to be porous when applying g4, waterproofer would have the opposite effect

Thats why you only put it in the scratch coat, this then helps to keep any moisture at bay below ground level, top of with the standard mix and then when dry fibreglass it or g4, i insulated mine with 50mm eps and then used a liner over the top

Cheers Paul, sounds good, changed a bit now they are talking about tiling it now proper eccentric Lord of the manor type just starting to do my head in he is.

used to do a load of this kind of work and did tatton park flower show up to 2007, we did forest fusion garden in 2007, and best in show winner four elements in 2006 it used piss me right off when they knocked everything down at the end of the shows

Status
Not open for further replies.