Waterproofer in scratch or float coat(external)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its an integral, waterproofs, plasticises and re***ds. I don't know what aspect offers frost protection, why don't you give them a call and ask? But where would a frost form? usually forms on the surface doesn't it flynny?

the problem is freed you cant come on here and blag it by copying information from websites or books,or youll get rumbled.ive had numerous run ins with you in the rendering section about that.
theres no shame in not noing how or why processes are carried out, just ask someone on here the hows and whys.

Its an integral, waterproofs, plasticises and re***ds. I don't know what aspect offers frost protection, why don't you give them a call and ask? But where would a frost form? usually forms on the surface doesn't it flynny?

Usually where there is water and very cold weather.

the problem is freed you cant come on here and blag it by copying information from websites or books,or youll get rumbled.ive had numerous run ins with you in the rendering section about that.
Theres no shame in not noing how or why processes are carried out, just ask someone on here the hows and whys.

exactly

I'm not blagging it owls. Flynnys reason for not putting waterproofer in the top coat is because water might get in and get trapped and blow the top coat. What complete and utter bullsh*t.

You can get over that just add waterproofer in you're top coat have a nice sloppy mix with no air in jt and spend 5 more hours on site waiting to rub it up

if you put waterproofer in your top coat how does behave if you terraleon

Well as I said before id you read further up it depends on what type of rendering you are doing. If you put it in your top coat tyrolean may run down the wall...I don't know I've never tried it.

I'm not blagging it owls. Flynnys reason for not putting waterproofer in the top coat is because water might get in and get trapped and blow the top coat. What complete and utter bullsh*t.
Why is it bullshit?
Youve not got a clue youve been on a short course and now your turning into a bigtime subby lol Oasis springs to mind again another bloke who wouldnt listen to good advise, only what he wanted to hear. So come on smart arse explain why its bullshit and dont just say "it is".

You can get over that just add waterproofer in you're top coat have a nice sloppy mix with no air in jt and spend 5 more hours on site waiting to rub it up

Thats exactly it m8 anything to take a short cut m8, we all know it takes longer to rub up but makes for a better job.

Why is it bullshit?
Youve not got a clue youve been on a short course and now your turning into a bigtime subby lol Oasis springs to mind again another bloke who wouldnt listen to good advise, only what he wanted to hear. So come on smart arse explain why its bullshit and dont just say "it is".

Because adding waterproofer to the mix does not inhibit water vapour transfer, if it did then there would be a problem.

Well as I said before id you read further up it depends on what type of rendering you are doing. If you put it in your top coat tyrolean may run down the wall...I don't know I've never tried it.
What type of rendering are you talkin about? Youve never done tyrolean?

So when would you not put it in the top coat?

You can put it in 2 or 3 coat work. I've done it in both and just reduced the quantities for Tyrolean. In the colder months theres no option but to leave it out, but I try to avoid doing rendering work in these months anyway, if I do I'll tell the customer what there getting not a fully waterproof render.

You can put it in 2 or 3 coat work. I've done it in both and just reduced the quantities for Tyrolean. In the colder months theres no option but to leave it out, but I try to avoid doing rendering work in these months anyway, if I do I'll tell the customer what there getting not a fully waterproof render.
So you leave it out in the winter months why? What happens to these houses throughout its lifetime? Do you normally tell the customer they are getting a fully waterproof house? OH do you think waterproofer is fully waterproof?

Do you think i'm f**king stupid or something Flynny? of course I don't think its waterproof. What do you think is going to happen to theses houses if they retain more water? Why do you think modern renders are designed to repel water?

I've put my points across and answered all your questions so why don't you tell us now the reasons why it shouldn't be used in the top coat so that people can make their own minds up. Do something constructive and helpful for the forum for a change.

Do you think i'm f**king stupid or something Flynny? of course I don't think its waterproof. What do you think is going to happen to theses houses if they retain more water? Why do you think modern renders are designed to repel water?

I've put my points across and answered all your questions so why don't you tell us now the reasons why it shouldn't be used in the top coat so that people can make their own minds up. Do something constructive and helpful for the forum for a change.
I dont think your stupid but i know your not as smart as you think you are. Its not about people making there own minds up or doing it the ay they think sounds better there is a right way and a wrong oh and sometimes another way. Youve not answered any of the questions appart from copying and pasting a load of bollox that doesnt make any sense to the question you have been asked.
Ive explained why i dont put WP in a top coat because water will get in but not easilly get out and if you get a freeze it will blow out. Water will always get in the top coat and dry out which is normal. There are occasions when you would use a waterproofer in the top coat ie on the seafront and on 3 coat ashlar work.

If in doubt follow the manufacturers specifications, then there is less likely to be a comeback. Ignore these clowns.

Well I've just had a sift through your previous posts and you've got a ******* nerve to call people like Flynny and me clowns and I for one won't bother either to argue the toss with you or make any comments on your future questions.

You are correct in this instance freed. Water will not get trapped and blow the top off. This is just as likely to happen with no waterproofer as it will have more water in to dry out. A top coat with none in will soak up right down to the scratch. Whilst a waterproof coat will decrease the depth of the moisture ingress.

Thankyou Danny, my point exactly.

BTW never said leaving waterproofer out of the top coat is wrong, but its just common sense that if you leave it out the building will retain more moisture, and be less resistant to the weather. This in turn will have an overall effect on the building as wet render is a poor insulator, and can cause problems internally with condensation.

Putting waterproofer in the top coat won't cause the problems like Flynny is describing it is perfectly safe to do so.
I don't know where Flynny has got this complete nonsense about problems when putting waterproofer in the top coat have you personal experience that can be put down to this Flynny that you would like to share? or is it just something you have read/made up?

Also please explain Flynny why on some jobs you would put waterproofer in your top coat, e.g ''seafront, 3 coat ashlar work'' why are these the exception to the rule? whats going to stop these falling prone to the same top coat blown phenomenon?

Well I've just had a sift through your previous posts and you've got a ******* nerve to call people like Flynny and me clowns and I for one won't bother either to argue the toss with you or make any comments on your future questions.

So childish. You obviously haven't got any valid points to add so theres no point in posting.

Everyones gonna have a different opinion on this one. I personally put w/proofer in both coats. Also I would never mix w/proofer in with a mix that contains feb or lime.

Years ago my dad told me they used to use stuff called pudlo to w/proof render. In my 30 +yrs, and my dads 55 yrs, throwing sh1t on the wall, we've never had any freeze and fall off problems, but then again that could only happen if the render had not set when it froze.

On the other hand, I've had multi freeze and fall off in an unheated house I was doing up. Unfortunately for me, it was MY house :RpS_cursing:

I don't think anyone can give a definitive answer on this one, every job will be different.

The biggest variable in this argument is always gonna be the sand. How well washed/graded etc it is. Years ago down here in the south Leighton Buzzard sand used to the the dogs nuts but in the last 10 years they must be mining the dregs cos its shi ite. South Essex was also good but they must be near the bottom of the pit cos its getting browner and browner.

That cementone gear makes for a lovely mix though

Yeah, I've used the everbuild 3 in 1, not bad but I don't rate it as good as Freeflo for giving you plenty of time on pebbledashing especially. Do you make a lime putty the day before or just add powder to your mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.