waterproofer in hardwall

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a quick one fellas im doing an wall today in hardwall it is double skin but i want to be on the safe side. is it okay to put waterproofer in the mix like with a scratch coat for sand and cement:RpS_biggrin:

just a quick one fellas im doing an wall today in hardwall it is double skin but i want to be on the safe side. is it okay to put waterproofer in the mix like with a scratch coat for sand and cement:RpS_biggrin:

No use sand and cement and add waterproofer to the mix.

Dont listen to them dave:rolleyes).......

thompsons water seal in the mix:RpS_thumbup:.........
..sorted:RpS_wink:

A good question Dave the dog, I think a good pint of waterproofer per bag of hardwall should suffice :RpS_thumbsup:

thanks for the sensible responses. it seems common sense now i think about it i only asked because when i looked at some specs for a loft conversion this week the architect had spec'd waterproofer in the driwall adhseive so do'nt see why he would spec that if it worked it would work with hardwall i just cracked on and did'nt add it today

Hahahahah waterproofer in dri wall...... if he gave me that spec I'd be looking to see where his horse is tied up

thats is what he spec'd mate. not me the architect - dri wall adhesive with added waterproofer and 9.5 mm board were i would have used 12.5mm. it jumped out at me mate which is why i have asked the questions. i thought it was crap mate but asked because you never know just like evryone would have said plastic trowels were funny

if it did work then it would of worked with hardwall but when i think now there would be no need for damp coarses because you could just add waterproofer to plaster. we all live and learn but i knew this was rubbish anyway

Personally I think your architect is bang on, I always dab 9.5mm boards although sometimes I use febmix not waterproofer

just a quick one fellas im doing an wall today in hardwall it is double skin but i want to be on the safe side. is it okay to put waterproofer in the mix like with a scratch coat for sand and cement:RpS_biggrin:[/QUOTE
The sooner you get back to Bargain Booze the better!

thats is what he spec'd mate. not me the architect - dri wall adhesive with added waterproofer and 9.5 mm board were i would have used 12.5mm. it jumped out at me mate which is why i have asked the questions. i thought it was crap mate but asked because you never know just like evryone would have said plastic trowels were funny
attachment.php

you ca'nt explain why or not bobspread but i do'nt really care i just take note of sensible responses now to stop getting in arguments:RpS_biggrin:

i can mate. i will take a photo on the phone and try and upload it. im not kidding mate. it might sound a daft question but why ca'nt you use waterproofer in these two but you can in sand and cement if it works in sand and cement why wo'nt it work in plaster. has anyone tried it?

i can mate. i will take a photo on the phone and try and upload it. im not kidding mate. it might sound a daft question but why ca'nt you use waterproofer in these two but you can in sand and cement if it works in sand and cement why wo'nt it work in plaster. has anyone tried it?
Because it's never that simple, why not waterproof the multi or the bonding then ,just add waterproof, it would be brilliant if it worked but alas it won't, even waterproof in sand and cement is not the solution to all damp problems, it's very involved although simplistic to those with knowledge,

Status
Not open for further replies.