Waterproof

Status
Not open for further replies.

carys

hi everyone i think half of the plasterers on here are ol talking s**t What the point of mixing waterproof whith lime lol

What's the problem with mixing waterproofer with lime
A nother reason m8 the purpose of waterproof is to stop suction in scratch coat and waterproofing a building y put lime in that when lime takes water in like a spunge it defeating the object

It doesn't work with 90% of the waterproofers that are available. The fatty acid waterproofers like everbuild, feb, 3 in 1 etc just won't work. The lime just kills them!

There are some available that work well with lime.

You just have to know them ;)

Lime and MOST waterproofers are both plastercisers so agree u don't need both together , well I don't anyway , it's one or the other

I thaught the original argument on the other thread was about lime and a plasterciser in the top coat?

There is a case for waterproofing a lime render.
On an old building with high lime in mortar. If in a certain situation it needs to be waterproofed then a lime render that's waterproof could be specd. That's why they made the products specifically for these situations.
But just for a traditional sand and cement render and you want lime in it and want to use standard waterproofer it just doesn't work well enough. Hydrated lime soaks the life out of it.

Of course it does :tarjetaroja:
There is a case for waterproofing a lime render.
On an old building with high lime in mortar. If in a certain situation it needs to be waterproofed then a lime render that's waterproof could be specd. That's why they made the products specifically for these situations.
But just for a traditional sand and cement render and you want lime in it and want to use standard waterproofer it just doesn't work well enough. Hydrated lime soaks the life out of it.
What the reason for waterproof to stop suction to make a building waterproof what Feb mix used for??

Didn't say lime was a waterproofer, said they are both plastercisers
Yes it's a natural plastersicer but not a wayerproofer
So the top coat can get finished evenly when rubbing up
what did they d
So the top coat can get finished evenly when rubbing up
u use waterproof to stop suction and waterproof a building u ad lime For some reason I know to make the house breatheble lime is a plastersiser y don't we ad a bit of fairy liquid in the mix to and frost proofer and ol the other s**t on the market we can make a so

Status
Not open for further replies.