water pump

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwi

can anyone recomend a good quality waterpump i can hook the ritmo up to, been running from mains (with no problems before anyone asks) i have a job next week where water is abit of an issue .thanks in advance paul

Machine mart do cheap ones...apparently they don't last as long as the brass paddle ones as they're plastic but should be ok for occasional use. The Pft ones are 200 and 350 quid worth it if you've got the dosh and use it all the time

Paul I'm not sure on ritmos (never used one,) but can you not elevate a barrell on some pallets with a gekka fitting and valve near the base, and then run an hose to a cistern valve at the top so it's constantly on the fill as the machine draws from it

Paul I'm not sure on ritmos (never used one,) but can you not elevate a barrell on some pallets with a gekka fitting and valve near the base, and then run an hose to a cistern valve at the top so it's constantly on the fill as the machine draws from it

Thats sound advice. I use an industrial wheelie bin. L&D will sell you the geka fittings and get the bigger ball valve, the small one is too slow. Make sure the bigger ball valve fits in the barrel or bin.

How high off the ground would you need to have a water butt to run the ritmo and how big would it have to be to produce 2.5 bar?

just get a pft water pump its built for the job and you know where to take it if it goes wrong. job done. next

Didn't you buy a water pump in the package Camnz? I have seen Pikeyking use the barrel only method but it was conveniently 1m off the ground.

A water pump is a lot safer and buy a good one. Better still being in oz buy two so you have a back up.

Cheers for all the replys lads ill give pft a ring tomorrow , just to go of topic when I boought the machine I was only with the intention of doing private work as there aint a lot of site work around , now I've just been offered 36 houses to do on a site ? The machines 240v is there any way atall round this

run from a generator we use 240 on all the time as long as you have your health and safety in order its no problem

Didn't you buy a water pump in the package Camnz? I have seen Pikeyking use the barrel only method but it was conveniently 1m off the ground.

A water pump is a lot safer and buy a good one. Better still being in oz buy two so you have a back up.

Yeah i had one ordered with the pump but got the spray set instead then ran out of cash spray sets been great for spraying adhesive i use it loads.Ill get one next and your right its better than playing round with trying to lift a water butt up etc plus the PFT one isn't that expensive when you think about what you get

Picked one of these up from lidl the other week, thought It would come in handy,,had to empty my pond at the weekend pumped it into a couple of big kids paddling pools and back again , very good for under fifty quid
water pump.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.