waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplybesty

Private Member
A plasterer on the lord and downing forum was stopped and asked about his trade waste, he had nothing in the van but has been told he has to send copies of reciepts for skips to comply . He explained that the builder or customer gets rid of the rubbish but according to a reply he has posted , this is not good enough. Here is a little bit from the letter relating to how the councils see it. He is now facing a 300 fine because he cant produce any reciepts because he does not use skips. They have even told him he must go back to customers and get them to give him there skip receipts. This is what they say so be warned. :mad:

Many small businesses are confused when entering into discussions based around “household wasteâ€￾ verses “commercial wasteâ€￾ especially when traders often work on domestic properties. Therefore, please allow me to explain what we are looking for by way of serving you with this notice.

A plasterer, in our opinion after seeking advice from similar companies, still produces amounts of commercial waste as part of their business. This may simply be left over plaster mix, empty plaster / screed bags, trim from door strips, timber or any other items based around the trade you offer. Commercial waste also includes cleaning your van out, the food your staff eats whilst at work, paper work and any old or damaged tools.

thinking about it thats close to a harrasment why dont they leave us aloooooooooone

That's interesting, we bring our waste home and a licensed waste guy comes to collect once a fortnight and charges anything between 60- 80 pounds but no receipt. We are know changing to having a skip delivered and receipted.

This is not playing fair!! The amount of waste we produce on domestic doesn't normally warrant a skip, if one is required then fair play!!

Usuall load of utter shight and pointless bureaucracy.

The correct answer if anyone asks you what waste you have is.................f*ck off and die dlckhead!

Probably worth pointing out that you're not allowed to fill a normal skip with more than 10% of it's volume with plasterboard or plaster, for this you need to get a skip especially for it.

If you get stopped how can they prove it is waste?
Just tell them it's all going back to your unit/stores as stock
& the bagged rubble will be used for hardcore on other jobs,
& the plasterboard offcuts will be used up on other jobs also,
same as bead off cuts etc etc.... ;)
f**k em!!
;D

when i price a job i ask the customer if they want me to quote for removing the waste, they normally say no and they take it the tip themselves. if you follow every rule laid down for us then you will find yourself on the dole very soon :D

kirk johnstone said:
when i price a job i ask the customer if they want me to quote for removing the waste, they normally say no and they take it the tip themselves. if you follow every rule laid down for us then you will find yourself on the dole very soon :D
Well said kirk.

I usually wait till me wheelie bin gets emptied then all my spent gear that has been lying in my van gets chucked in the bottom of the bin.
It would take popeye or geoff capes to move it a fortnight later. :-[

I used to wait till I was working on site then used to throw away there...

from what I remember arn't we meant to have a waste carriers license to even carry rubbish?

Danny

Went on a waste management course and if I remember correctly we were told that you could carry your own waste such as off cuts or waste plaster but not the waste from the property such as what you had knocked off. You are also liable if you pay somebody to take it away if they dispose of it incorrectly if they can trace it back.

simplybesty said:
A plasterer on the lord and downing forum was stopped and asked about his trade waste, he had nothing in the van but has been told he has to send copies of reciepts for skips to comply . He explained that the builder or customer gets rid of the rubbish but according to a reply he has posted , this is not good enough. Here is a little bit from the letter relating to how the councils see it. He is now facing a 300 fine because he cant produce any reciepts because he does not use skips. They have even told him he must go back to customers and get them to give him there skip receipts. This is what they say so be warned. :mad:

Many small businesses are confused when entering into discussions based around “household wasteâ€￾ verses “commercial wasteâ€￾ especially when traders often work on domestic properties. Therefore, please allow me to explain what we are looking for by way of serving you with this notice.

A plasterer, in our opinion after seeking advice from similar companies, still produces amounts of commercial waste as part of their business. This may simply be left over plaster mix, empty plaster / screed bags, trim from door strips, timber or any other items based around the trade you offer. Commercial waste also includes cleaning your van out, the food your staff eats whilst at work, paper work and any old or damaged tools.

there was a thing from our local council a while back about carry trade waste in the van, rang me up and told me i need a waste carrying license i think around 300 quid ( dont quote me on that tho), i told them i only carry my waste product and that i never took away waste from a customers house ie render removed etc, that i was a plasterer and not a builder....he was happy with this and told me actually i didnt need a license as long as i wasnt removing and taking away waste that i didnt bring into said job. As for plasterboard we have to order a silly ton bag for the plasterboard from the skip companies around here as they say they wont take it in skip anymore due to government change of recyling laws, but now have a plasterboard recycling skip at local tip so i take it there and have been getting away with this for about a year now.

I bought a cheap £300 diesel passat estate for this .... there are 4 local tips near me so I get a load together and away I go :)

My mate keeps a skip on his drive, then when he gets home each day just drops his rubbish in the skip till it's full then gets another one!
He has got a big drive though. Don't think my missus would be too happy staring at a big rusty yellow skip outside the front window all the time ;D

Nisus said:
My mate keeps a skip on his drive, then when he gets home each day just drops his rubbish in the skip till it's full then gets another one!
He has got a big drive though. Don't think my missus would be too happy staring at a big rusty yellow skip outside the front window all the time ;D

Thats what I'm toying with, but I want a large trolley type of thing to put it on and push it in the garage, then the skip truck can tow it out and lift it off when full.

I suppose really I only need two axels

phippsy333 said:
there was a thing from our local council a while back about carry trade waste in the van, rang me up and told me i need a waste carrying license i think around 300 quid ( dont quote me on that tho), i told them i only carry my waste product and that i never took away waste from a customers house ie render removed etc, that i was a plasterer and not a builder....he was happy with this and told me actually i didnt need a license as long as i wasnt removing and taking away waste that i didnt bring into said job. As for plasterboard we have to order a silly ton bag for the plasterboard from the skip companies around here as they say they wont take it in skip anymore due to government change of recyling laws, but now have a plasterboard recycling skip at local tip so i take it there and have been getting away with this for about a year now.

At the risk of labouring the point - This is simply another new tax!

People have been moving rubbish for years, but now they suddenly need to give local government £300 per year to do so.

Here you go Nelly:

photo-5.jpg

Nisus said:
Here you go Nelly:

photo-5.jpg

Fantastic!

Thats actually one of my considerations.........buying my own skip fitting wheels and the skip firm charge me for taking and returning it.

this is what they say so you do need a licence according to this.

Nisus said:
Soon you'll have to pay to go to work!
It's getting ridiculous ???

Soon?

These inept morons have over spent by 178 billion quid, and they need to activate any means possible (apple cores) to get that money back.

All that I have been saying about the CSCS card is all part of this, its stealth taxes.

This will happen, and they will bring it in.

There is an estimated 40 000 plasterers in the country, then lets say 10 other trades, sparks brickies etc thats 400 000 people paying an extra £300 per year.

Thats £120 million quid...........and what benefit will we get?...................none!

Guys i got a house in Fuerteventura in the spanish canary islands,we get our bins emtied every day in the summer months and every other day in the winter months.Our IbI tax which is equivalant to our council tax is €118 a year ,yess you read correctly YEAR !!!!!and i pay £140 a month in this country and get my bin emptied every other WEEk!!!!.
We can put sofas fridges anything out we want desposing of and theyl come and take it away.
Rip off britain

here here look at the size of spain theyve got to have a half decent economy .......they just dont chose to go to war with every other c**t

Status
Not open for further replies.