waste of a day

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basset

hi lads

I did a quote a while back for skimming a room. When Doug the quote I tell them that the paper needs stripping or I can quote to do that. They say they will do that!

The other day I turn up for the job and it's still on the bloody wall. I tell him I can't skim on top and he looks at me in disgust and like its my fault! And then I have no work for the day which pissed me off.

I told him to contact me once it is all stripped off and I can then book him back in.

I then get an email saying he expected me to turn up this morning! Do customers think we only have one set a customers a week or something!!!

Anyway rant over but my question is -
Does anybody else charge the customers if you can't get on to the job?

Cheers

I have been caught out a few times years gone bye, but now I phone costumer in a few days or week before, going through what needed to be done prior to me doing job. And as Danny says i call in if you are going by the job see progress :). But i don't do many where people live in anymore to me there more agro than there worth :).

Yep I charge - in my terms and conditions ... 48 hr notice ... things like the customers stripping the wallpaper are included in my quote so I can show that they haven't done what they said ...

Got a job cancelled twice by one .... after she spoke to me like s**t somehow blaming me she got billed ... got my money ... spent on a nice C.P Company jumper ;)

I would charge and, to be honest, if I was paying a spread, sparky, plumber, tiler to do some work and I had set the job back I wouldn't see them walk away without a days pay. Painters??? That's different :-D

I've amended my quotes to cover me now.

I've been lucky as this is the first time in 6 years it's happened to me.
I just can't believe how stroppy the bloke got when I said I can't do it - stroppy little bitch! I guess I'll see what he's like in the morning!

If he's a prick in the morning tempted to just go to another job!

i once went to a council house to do a bedroom the bed the wardrobe and a set of drawers were still in the room with the ornaments on . there were pictures on the walls and one wall was still wallpapered i just turned round walked down the stairs got in my van and went home .i never heard from the daft twit again

hi lads

I did a quote a while back for skimming a room. When Doug the quote I tell them that the paper needs stripping or I can quote to do that. They say they will do that!

The other day I turn up for the job and it's still on the bloody wall. I tell him I can't skim on top and he looks at me in disgust and like its my fault! And then I have no work for the day which pissed me off.

I told him to contact me once it is all stripped off and I can then book him back in.

I then get an email saying he expected me to turn up this morning! Do customers think we only have one set a customers a week or something!!!

Anyway rant over but my question is -
Does anybody else charge the customers if you can't get on to the job?

Cheers
Charge for what?

I've amended my quotes to cover me now.

I've been lucky as this is the first time in 6 years it's happened to me.
I just can't believe how stroppy the bloke got when I said I can't do it - stroppy little bitch! I guess I'll see what he's like in the morning!

If he's a prick in the morning tempted to just go to another job!

In all honesty m8 if that were me and I turned up and it wasn't ready - he'd get billed for a days wages and would have to find another spread ... certainly wouldn't be working for someone like that ... if he's an arse now ... probably be arsehole when he pays u !!

I get customers to sign the agreed quote and on my original quote to him it did say for him to strip the wall paper.

skim over paper lol, not a chance...it'd be off the wall as the second coat went on. Sounds like you had a difficult client :( I'd offer to strip it there and then at a price, if they dont like then move on and take the kic in the nuts...I wouldn't entertain going back to the awkward bastards

Billing for a days wage because the job wasn't ready... lol.

Back in the real world, it's happened to me a couple of times over the years. Very rarely.

Status
Not open for further replies.