Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No.

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 23452

Just had my renewal notice through, £105:00 for three years. Basically everyone working in the building industry should have an upper tier license according to the Environment Agency. If you don't there's a £5,000:00 fine if you're caught with anything in the van classed as waste, which is just about anything not in a sealed pack or bag ready for use.

The other less obvious pitfall to not having one is insurance, if you have a bump and you're carrying waste then the insurance company can refuse to pay out. So for the sake of thirty-odd quid a year I registered.

Which made me wonder how many people have one, and how many are rolling the dice?

I thought I'd make it a poll to preserve the anonymity of those anarchists who make polar bears cry.

Get yourself a a waste carriers licence and register with the environment agency .

Tel 08708506506

mark

i havent got one. i just leave it with the customer, sometimes when its not even theirs, or dump outside b and q and wickes etc. or in a skip if its unattended. i also let it build up in my garage then take it the tip in the wifes car dressed in slacks and a jumper so it just looks like im a regular middle aged man

ive got permits for the tip, theyre free

I got a permit to use council tip, second trip I made I was told I'd used my quota I.e. only a few bags a year?
But this is Bradford council and it's no coincidence it has about the highest level of fly tipping in uk? Fking morons!

We bought a skip car for this :)

They are looking a bit suspicious at us though now... been going 3 or 4 times a week for the last 9 months...

They are looking a bit suspicious at us though now... been going 3 or 4 times a week for the last 9 months...

I was using a car as well mate?
Logged number plates at council tip and told not to bring any more rubbish, mad but true, I hire a mini skip n leave in my drive when I have a few jobs on, fill it over a few weeks n gone.
I didn't use to charge for removing debris from jobs but I do now.
Every other trade leaves all there crap lying about and it's ok, but plasterers seem to be expected to take their waste for free?

If if it's from your own house they cannot stop u from bringing it. You need to ring the council and let them know

Got a nice big pond in my garden I need filling so just chuck it in there, can do good deals on asbestos disposal throughout December

I was using a car as well mate?
Logged number plates at council tip and told not to bring any more rubbish, mad but true, I hire a mini skip n leave in my drive when I have a few jobs on, fill it over a few weeks n gone.
I didn't use to charge for removing debris from jobs but I do now.
Every other trade leaves all there crap lying about and it's ok, but plasterers seem to be expected to take their waste for free?

a skip full of rubbish constantly on the drive way? I bet that goes down well with the mrs. :RpS_unsure:

Got a nice big pond in my garden I need filling so just chuck it in there, can do good deals on asbestos disposal throughout December

I know a farmer and a skip hire owner who had the same idea. A confiscated range rover, ferrari, speed boat and 75k in QC charges later plus the 20k fines each somehow it didn't seem like such a good idea. Although on the bright side for them they did avoid the 5 years of bird their QC's kept telling them they would get

i havent got one. i just leave it with the customer, sometimes when its not even theirs, or dump outside b and q and wickes etc. or in a skip if its unattended. i also let it build up in my garage then take it the tip in the wifes car dressed in slacks and a jumper so it just looks like im a regular middle aged man

But you still got to carry it to garage and skips

I know a farmer and a skip hire owner who had the same idea. A confiscated range rover, ferrari, speed boat and 75k in QC charges later plus the 20k fines each somehow it didn't seem like such a good idea. Although on the bright side for them they did avoid the 5 years of bird their QC's kept telling them they would get
they were driving range rovers? They must of had a huge pond to fill in.

Depending on the job we either quote for waste removal or we don't. if we don't we put its the customers responsibility to remove the waste.

We used to take our crap to the council tip (had a carriers licence) but they were becoming too expensive plus you had to separate everything yourself while the 'sick, lame and lazy' watched on.. Fück'em..

We have a store now, when it gets pretty full we get a skip dropped outside - fill it and get it taken the same day. Trouble is now companies are saying plasterboard is hazardous and can only take up between 10%-20% total space.. Otherwise it's the cost of a skip plus tipping charges after it's been weighed! Rip Off Britain.. Biggish jobs we tell the customer to get their own skip (and then we can chuck some of our other crap in it as well :RpS_sneaky:)

If you are supplying the materials on a job surely it's your responsibility to take your waste away.if I employed someone at my place I would expect them too.

Problem is, for me I can go weeks without any waste if im working for builders or other spreads. So if I do a job that has 2 bags of waste but then do a few weeks subbing. What do I do with it? I used to keep it till I had enough for a skip full but im not filling. My garage or garden with other peoples ****. And im certainly not renting a lock up to keep rubbish in. I offer to get a skip and put the price on the bill. Or they can take it to the tip for free.

If I absolutely cant avoid it I call round my builders and see who's got a skip and give them a drink.

Hello

Correct me if i'm wrong, I thought you had to have a licence even if you organised a skip company to take it away?!

Hello

Correct me if i'm wrong, I thought you had to have a licence even if you organised a skip company to take it away?!
you may be right,even if your on a job and you take a bag back to your house to put in a bin/skip is an offence and should have a carriers licence.

you may be right,even if your on a job and you take a bag back to your house to put in a bin/skip is an offence and should have a carriers licence.

True, it's all they need to prosecute and the burden is on you to prove it's not waste. So if you have a minor bump and plod are called they can check the waste angle in the same way as getting the breath bag out. A competitor or customer decides to be a tosser, so they put in a complaint to HMRC and the environment agency. Or you want to work for a large company/council/tree hugger, anyone can ask to see it. That's why I got one, the risk outways the cost of having a license.

Status
Not open for further replies.