Wash your Kit or get it hot.

Members online

Brimstone

Spotted a dirty great hole in the Health precautions advice; No info on what temperatures kill the Covid 19 virus.
So I asked the German University scientists doing the research on hospital surfaces cleaning, the question,

"In the absence of disinfectants what temperature will be effective in "killing" (4 log steps) the virus.?"
with some examples e.g. if unable to wash something, will the tumble dryer kill it? Can I bag it and put it in the fridge (e.g. mobile phone)
I got a reply by return! Their replies, copied and pasted here;

a) "thanks for your e-mail. So far, there are no temp information for SARS-2. We are conducting studies right now… "

b) "please allow me to add one remark. The shortage of suitable face masks in healthcare in many countries has resulted in numerous requests on data how to inactivate coronaviruses by heat. A short review with all types of CoV but without SARS-CoV-2 has been accepted today in the J Hosp Infect. The following parameter are currently considered sufficient: 60°C for 30 min, 65°C for 15 min and 80°C for 1 min.
A currently try to find out with the publisher if the manuscript can be made available already as a preprint."

So if it can take the heat, but maybe isn't washable or your're short of soaps, you could bung stuff in a hot oven, or the dryer on hot. But forget the fridge.

ps "4log steps" is some techie maths speak they use, I have no idea what it means except "Safe" to us.

This 2m social distancing is bollox ! Dirty fucks who don't cover gobs when sneezing can hit up to 3m easily I reckon ! I've been keeping 10m away where possible since this germ warfare started !

:( 2 different sources told me today big queues at B&Q's. DIY/Gardening public with no fckng idea what 2m looks like or care. Staying well away, any domestic work has gone down the pan so I don't need it.

:( 2 different sources told me today big queues at B&Q's. DIY/Gardening public with no fckng idea what 2m looks like or care. Staying well away, any domestic work has gone down the pan so I don't need it.
I had one other day in argos standing in the cue like do about 2 meter away and this bloke jumped in front of me for fuk sake I said in my mind

I had one other day in argos standing in the cue like do about 2 meter away and this bloke jumped in front of me for fuk sake I said in my mind
I’d have put one of them little pens in the c**ts eye. Did you tell him to f**k off?