Want to see some good boarding?

reeves1985

Dropped into a job before I went on holiday to help a damsel in distress.
Plasterer let them down AGAIN!

Had a couple of days twiddling my thumbs before I went and was bored shirtless so thought why not.

Was in the holiday mood so did it blind and a bit more for the holiday kitty.

The brief was were a couple of part time property developers that are doing a few lettings. And had a kitchen that had already been boarded but the plasterer they normally use let them down again.
So told them I'd do it on the provision that I would give them the price after the job was finished but gave them a ballpark on my skimming rates.

Anyway turned up had a gander round. Decorator on the stairs swearing and cursing.
Walked into the kitchen and started laughing.
I got the old stare "what's up look"

So said I take it Its your first go at boarding and I'd have to rough some of it out and level and square it up.
But said don't worry I'll sort it.

Having a bit of a joke said you have done the boarding haven't you and not the plasterer, to which they replied no the plasterer did it!

Said it's a good job he doesn't work for me he'd have got straight edge round head.

Now I feel slightly embarrassed because it turns out the kid actually used to do a bit of work for me until I got a few call backs for inferior work and finish and sent him down the road.

Anyway here's the pictures.
I've seen worse but it pissed me right off that I did at one point trust this kid doing work under my name!

20160527_091742.jpg 20160527_091749.jpg 20160527_091734.jpg 20160527_091729.jpg 20160527_091757.jpg 20160527_091812.jpg 20160527_091742.jpg 20160527_091749.jpg 20160527_091734.jpg 20160527_091729.jpg 20160527_091757.jpg 20160527_091812.jpg

Dropped into a job before I went on holiday to help a damsel in distress.
Plasterer let them down AGAIN!

Had a couple of days twiddling my thumbs before I went and was bored shirtless so thought why not.

Was in the holiday mood so did it blind and a bit more for the holiday kitty.

The brief was were a couple of part time property developers that are doing a few lettings. And had a kitchen that had already been boarded but the plasterer they normally use let them down again.
So told them I'd do it on the provision that I would give them the price after the job was finished but gave them a ballpark on my skimming rates.

Anyway turned up had a gander round. Decorator on the stairs swearing and cursing.
Walked into the kitchen and started laughing.
I got the old stare "what's up look"

So said I take it Its your first go at boarding and I'd have to rough some of it out and level and square it up.
But said don't worry I'll sort it.

Having a bit of a joke said you have done the boarding haven't you and not the plasterer, to which they replied no the plasterer did it!

Said it's a good job he doesn't work for me he'd have got straight edge round head.

Now I feel slightly embarrassed because it turns out the kid actually used to do a bit of work for me until I got a few call backs for inferior work and finish and sent him down the road.

Anyway here's the pictures.
I've seen worse but it pissed me right off that I did at one point trust this kid doing work under my name!

View attachment 12597 View attachment 12598 View attachment 12599 View attachment 12600 View attachment 12601 View attachment 12602 View attachment 12597 View attachment 12598 View attachment 12599 View attachment 12600 View attachment 12601 View attachment 12602
Don't feel embarrassed, no point
So did you get it sorted in the end?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Don't feel embarrassed, no point
So did you get it sorted in the end?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah all sorted in the end but was a pain in the arse to have to rough a lot of it out
And square it up.

But I do have a bit of ocd when it comes to new boardword and square corners especially in kitchens and bathrooms.
A real bug bear of mine.

Mind I did once square up a kitchen for a kitchen company only to find out later on that they'd actually taken all threads measurements while it was out of square
:maraca:

That's decent ! compared to the job I turned up to once were she decided to let her 12 year old board the room out after watching YouTube .. Leave that to your imagination