Walls to poolside area.

Members online

bignick

bit of guidance needed, I've been asked to plaster thermalite block to the walls of a swimming pool room( not the actual pool). Is there a special plaster used in this instance because of all the chemicals used in the pool.

bit of guidance needed, I've been asked to plaster thermalite block to the walls of a swimming pool room( not the actual pool). Is there a special plaster used in this instance because of all the chemicals used in the pool.
I’d be concerned about using a gypsum based undercoat

here's jonny j bonding!.jpg

Customer is keen to have it f&s.
May just contact bg or knauf
Float and set is fine.Ive seen and followed it many of times and also gone over moisture board.Whats the decorative covering?paint,tile etc?

I'm boarding this in moisture board then skimming it prior to venetian, however I've seen many partly painted on standard skim.

Attachments

• PXL_20210331_110751395.jpg
    PXL_20210331_110751395.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 119
I'm boarding this in moisture board then skimming it prior to venetian, however I've seen many partly painted on standard skim.
I did a shower board skin and garage floor paint , no problems good as new years later when we moved out

why ye skimming onto MR boards?
you take away the whole point of them being moisture resistant if you do, you might as well just install standard board and skim that
And if you are skimming onto MR board I hope you're gritting them first pal as per BG guidelines

why ye skimming onto MR boards?
you take away the whole point of them being moisture resistant if you do, you might as well just install standard board and skim that
And if you are skimming onto MR board I hope you're gritting them first pal as per BG guidelines
Always done it mate.I microcement bathrooms day in day out and always prep the same and never a had a problem.I do also use cement board.

I’ve never had a problem skimming MR boards. Fook BG Lol. Oh and I don’t read the backs of bags of plaster either!