Wallpaper

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys :)Not been on for a while, been at my friends in Brighton & no tinternet.Right I did a small dining room skimming job just the walls.And I had a phone call saying they would like me to go back to put some work right!!So went round & there's lots of hairline cracks ffs!!I said I would reskim it free of charge but they said they don't want it skimmin again they want me to fork out for it to be papered!!I said I can paper & will do it for them for free (to save me paying a decorator) & they were ok with this.But......I've never papered in my life lol.But can't afford to do it any other way :(Anyway my question is what's the best way to go about the papering?Any tips appreciated guys ;)

Tell them you will artex it LOL what kind of paper are you useing
I can't artex lolThe paper they've got is laura ashleigh!Probably from b&q or summat.Can you get ready mixed paste? cause I know I will make it lumpy & won't look very good will it !!Just need some tips how to put it up like??

yer you can mate already made up in a tub plenty of know how on papering out there it's very easy to do I like doing it.

Dont get it had it been umulsioned and then the cracks showed through, this can be quite normal on reskims on certain properties, have you got any pics?

Best way is to slap the paste on the walls then what i do is work from the top left to right, you will get nearly a full roll around the top, then drop down and put your next roll on and so on till you get to the skirting, don't forget to stagger your joints though, and i always cut the door and window etc out after

and just paper over the sockets as a safety feature ( kids carnt find em to stick their fingers in ):RpS_thumbup:

Most Laura Ashley papers require a ready mixed adhesive anyway. Start in the corner by the window and work back into the room, away from the light. That way, if you get a slight overlap (but hopefully you won't), the edge of the paper won't be picked up by the light and be notoceable. Let all the pieces soak for the same length of time or you'll get different rates of stretch, although that's not too much of a problem if it is a vinyl wallpaper. If the paper is quite durable, use a plastic caulker and a trimming knife, otherwise, use a proper paperhanging brush. Most papers are 530mm wide, so plumb a line about 530mm out of the corner and use that for your start point. You should get 4 drops from a roll at normal ceiling height, unless there is a large pattern repeat. Make sure all paste residue is washed from the paper face or it will catch in the light and look bad. Loosen sockets and cut a cross central to the plate to enable you to feed the feace plate through without tearing the paper. Good luck mate.

Also, if you use a roller to apply the paste, it will be on quicker, and more evenly than with a brush.

Thats what ime getting at. Funny innit never touched wallpapering, my old man was a painter and decorator and used to take me with him on weekend jobs when i was still at school prepping up and i hated every minute of it but bless him he was only trying to show me that you have to go to work same as i did with my own kids luckily they took more notice than i did.

Tell them to **** off, you've offered to put your work right, if they don't want you to then that's their choice. No way on this F*****g earth would I paper it for them. Say it takes you a day to skim it, if you've never papered before then how longs it gonna take you, and the papers probably expensive. Also if its being papered then just easifill the cracks. In conclusion, tell them to kiss your shiny purple bellend. They're taking the piss and you're letting them get away with it if you paper it.

So if you give us all his mobile we will text him and tell him to feck himself your not going.

you dont have a commitment to paper it,just to rectify any work youve done.
your getting your pants pulled down there.

caulk the craks, if theresloads of craks put on witha sponge and then paint it, if the want papering done thats chargable:-0

Status
Not open for further replies.