wall celling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

whats the best way to do a wall that curves at the top in to the celling and is curved all the way around the top of the wall .its like the wall is part of the celling . that make sence?

the curve continues on to the celliong all four walls continue in to the celling should i just do it in sections? what if only one of the walls need to be skimmed do you gradually blend it in to the celling. im just enquiring as i saw one of these walls the other day and thought how it was done. glad its friday cant wait to get me amereto tonight :cool:

I think i know wat your on about there mate something like you would see on an attic conversion you bound out the curves first then skim the whole lot in one go .

anybody use those refina adjustable corner trowels......... i bought a marshalltown 1 but, some1
said there rubbish.

The spread that taught me never bonded his curves out first we just put finish in the curve first then carried on are way

If the ceilings already curved you will need to hit it in one if you cant manage it try and get some one to give you a hand not a good idea to break it up as that means patching which is never good.

The spread that taught me never bonded his curves out first we just put finish in the curve first then carried on are way

Iv bonded out these curves loads of times never had a problem lad ,as long as you skrim the joint first i cant see what could go wrong!

No i wasnt getting that it was a problem just saying we did it with finish i know you can bond out the curves!!!

Iv bonded out these curves loads of times never had a problem lad ,as long as you skrim the joint first i cant see what could go wrong!
the scrim can fall off taking all the bonding with it , then land on the only uncovered part of the staircase which is made from oak, then youre flask brakes.......then you trip over youre scaffold and spill youre piss bucket all over youre leg :mad: ...........had a mare today ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.