Walked off job !!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rarely get rads that big on domestics. There's always enough movement to lift them off the brackets, you balance the rad on a crate or your toolbox once folded down. Obviously, on really old and shitty systems you won't get away with it but 9 times out of 10 you're OK.

Rarely get rads that big on domestics. There's always enough movement to lift them off the brackets, you balance the rad on a crate or your toolbox once folded down. Obviously, on really old and shitty systems you won't get away with it but 9 times out of 10 you're OK.

Do you advise client your not liable for any leaks if they happen as a result?
I quite like the sound of this.

Ull tell us owt you
Im getting famous :fuckyou:. I didnt even know what a brass was...im so embarressed....that prozzie thread was meant to be about my urban camping adventures, you lot are just a bunch of pervs:numberone:
was just looking for best prozzie hot spots

Ull tell us owt you
was just looking for best prozzie hot spots
You got me, decided not to stay at nisus' hostel as I don't want no manc man meat....he's not been the same since that chap gave him some prison love.

Wat wud make it even more worse (not sure it can) if it was a manc man Utd fan!! Saying that not many mancs are man Utd fans

Got to me job this morning and the radiator was still on the wall.Customer said can you just take it off,skim it and pop it back as you are working.Was back in the van within 2 minutes on me way home.I try not to walk off jobs,it's that feeling when u driving back that I don't like,the same as leaving a football match and your team been thrashed.Got to say though it felt flipping GREAT to have the day off.
Lazy fecker

The customer did take the others off in the hallway and left the brackets on which I advised and was fine with,I could get round those fine ..the one today though cuz it wouldn't stop dripping is why he said what I said earlier.I just can't be arsed when I in these situations and think I am better off at home..on the plus side went to a quote and got a job sorted for January,alls well that ends well.

when we replace a rad we always use tape on the joint. no risk of a leak then.

when we replace a rad we always use tape on the joint. no risk of a leak then.
In my experience it don't leak there , it leaks where the valve meets the copper pipe , then you've got agg, no matter how much u tighten up, I've known the valve to be only just on the pipe and the whole thing come off

I just loosen the valves, fold the rad down and crack on. No need to drain the system down or top it up after. Takes 5 minutes. And my liability covers leaks but I've never had one.
Lol I did that a couple of times,loosened them off but one rad was old so where the pipe goes into the isolation tap it had fuesd so I lowered it down and it twisted the lower pipe(below the isolation valve) and burst,so I don't do that any more:tonto:

I can take rads off & put them back on but don't want the hassle if there's any problems & yes ive had a few problems in the past ffs :muyenojado:

I'm not a plumber & not insured as a plumber & don't carry all the gear, so i also mention this to the customer (y)

So when I go round & quote the job I say to them that rad/rads need to come off have you got a plumber/family member to do it or even yourself? If they say yes then that's that sorted & any problems are their problems & not mine ;), if they say no I say I can give you a plumbers number I know & tell them he will charge around £50 & will put it back on after decoration.
That way they deal direct with him & any problems he can sort out as he's the plumber :LOL:

:birra:

Little update,he texted last night to say when am I going back...i said have u got the radiator off...had no reply yet...gave him plumber number but got a feeling he still trying to do it himself...oh and no mention of the £450 he owes me for completed hallway lol

Little update,he texted last night to say when am I going back...i said have u got the radiator off...had no reply yet...gave him plumber number but got a feeling he still trying to do it himself...oh and no mention of the £450 he owes me for completed hallway lol

You want me to get your money he owes you?
I only charge £250 for collection mate & £200 to drop off to you, forum discount (y)

You want me to get your money he owes you?
I only charge £250 for collection mate & £200 to drop off to you, forum discount (y)
Thanks...had many radiator stand offs with folk...whatever happens he will pay me..if he don't I send tree trunk Trevor round

Got to me job this morning and the radiator was still on the wall.Customer said can you just take it off,skim it and pop it back as you are working.Was back in the van within 2 minutes on me way home.I try not to walk off jobs,it's that feeling when u driving back that I don't like,the same as leaving a football match and your team been thrashed.Got to say though it felt flipping GREAT to have the day off.
if it was still up I would of skimed up to it . U can get the back of the rad whith a long trowel u can make one whith a long handle like the old school lads use to do And if they weren't happy tell them to pay a plumber to remove it

if it was still up I would of skimed up to it . U can get the back of the rad whith a long trowel u can make one whith a long handle like the old school lads use to do And if they weren't happy tell them to pay a plumber to remove it
And feather it up what the big fuss about a radiator I think u just wanted a day off lol

Status
Not open for further replies.