Walked away from a couple of jobs recently.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPlaster

Private Member
Everyone seems to think you can work for peanuts, some jobs you can tell are going to be a bit of a struggle on price and builder says he can get it done cheaper, get them to do it then! If more people had a reality check prices wouldn't be so poor, seems everyone's a plasterer around here by the sign written vans, the quality of work is shocking and they aint making much money. Glad my Mrs has a good job boys it's getting harder if that's possible.

Builders just taking the piss what's new LOL you have to stand your ground mate it's really easy to work for feck all. But who wants to known as a cheap plasterers not me.

its the old saying ''anyone can be a busy fool'' and we also turn a lot down due to the conditions and prices.

call their bluff let them get someone cheaper in they will soon be back on the phone asking you to come put it right

What they need is a couple of T***s in there ******* things up for a while, half the time you have to guide the builder because he's a play actor!

Stick to your guns mate .we have all been there with "My mate can do that for half the cost " Give it a few weeks your be rushed off your feet

It's tightening up everywhere mate I think a lot of people especially firms are still going off last years tenders

I love walking off jobs that are s**t, but make sure I let them know they're c.unts before I go.

makes me laff when someone say, 'my mate can do it for a lot less than that' ....... 'so why wast my time and your time getting me out for a look? you tit'

theyre the best that get you to call round to patch a small area and when ya tell the £50 they turn round and say ive had a quote for £40.. was they wanting me to pay them to do it?

LOL..........I've just had an email tonight asking to price an 'easy little job'..............without looking at it :-0

Status
Not open for further replies.