Walabot wall scanner

Following on from @megamix thread, anyone seen tech like this, there are others on the market. I think Bosch do one. Be handy to have I think

I got one of these a while back, and they are a brilliant bit of kit. The accuracy and information is really impressive. Aside from the obvious you can find a screw in board behind skim, the rebar in concrete, ducts/drains in concrete floor, the end of a floor joist from outside a building and if you pay attention to the depths you can find things like pipes and cables on the opposite side of a wall.

It seems like a lot of money, but if it avoids just one fcuk up you're in profit. It also saves money by saving time if you use it when cutting/drilling.

I got one of these a while back, and they are a brilliant bit of kit. The accuracy and information is really impressive. Aside from the obvious you can find a screw in board behind skim, the rebar in concrete, ducts/drains in concrete floor, the end of a floor joist from outside a building and if you pay attention to the depths you can find things like pipes and cables on the opposite side of a wall.

It seems like a lot of money, but if it avoids just one fcuk up you're in profit. It also saves money by saving time if you use it when cutting/drilling.
bloody hell its not cheap

bloody hell its not cheap

No it's not, but you can get very good detectors to find 'stuff' for a tenth of that. Because of the work I do I needed something that gives me more detail and can work to greater depth.

That said, drill into one pipe and it will cost way more than that to sort out.

No it's not, but you can get very good detectors to find 'stuff' for a tenth of that. Because of the work I do I needed something that gives me more detail and can work to greater depth.

That said, drill into one pipe and it will cost way more than that to sort out.
Just want an easier way to find joists in lathe ceilings