Wage rises

Members online

Tbf algee it makes forum worth coming on..seeing what crack is around country regarding what people charge etc..dont 4get people on here (myself included) havnt been on here that long so we dont know what's been discussed prior etc

I've posted some on the forums...happy to post more if they will be of use.

Steve if your going to be coming up with words like spakker atleast know what it means..didn't you get like €900 or sumat 4 a 6 day job??????????????

spakker
A complete idiot, a stupid person. Used in England.
Richard is such a spakker he put soap in his hair instead of gel.
by Lloydy November 05, 2003

I cleared £650 in a series of 4 couple of hour visits.

On the same days I cleared £210 a day for working at what I was at during the day and picked up around €400 from a bit of passive income I have going on.

Plus the £150 I stuck on the electrician bill before I gave it to the customer

And another £150 for some tiling I organised.

Plus whatever I made on materials that week.

You see, you can brag about being expensive if you like but you're far better off being savvy.

Customer thinks I only charge £150 a day but nothing could be further from the truth, trowel Monkey.

Was working in a in door
some right big head pricks on here ain’t there ... £200 about right .. it’s plastering walls ffs it’s not hard .. not saving lives ...some of the s**t posted on here ..
tbh I think it’s nice to see an honest discussion on here about money and rates , bare in mind most the folks posting have been doing there job for years , won’t lie I use to feel bitter towards myself too when realised had done myself out of money for years to mate

spakker
A complete idiot, a stupid person. Used in England.
Richard is such a spakker he put soap in his hair instead of gel.
by Lloydy November 05, 2003

I cleared £650 in a series of 4 couple of hour visits.

On the same days I cleared £210 a day for working at what I was at during the day and picked up around €400 from a bit of passive income I have going on.

Plus the £150 I stuck on the electrician bill before I gave it to the customer

And another £150 for some tiling I organised.

Plus whatever I made on materials that week.

You see, you can brag about being expensive if you like but you're far better off being savvy.

Customer thinks I only charge £150 a day but nothing could be further from the truth, trowel Monkey.
No need 4 trowel monkey steve..cant do giphys or I'd throw a gone fishing one out

I think the problem is many people price based on a day rate...I generally price on what I want or what I think I will get depending on customer...but never under £250 per day....I do enough advertising to have lots of work come in to pick and choose...some recommendations, haven't worked for a builder for around 12 years...generally double the price of plasterers they use.

This was for a 1m2 lathe and plaster ceiling patch...customer needed works carried out ASAP.

if you target your adverts towards elderly confused people you could probably double that.

My roofer mate picked me up yesterday for a quick drink - on way to pub he had a slipped tile to fix, no more than 10 mins from getting his ladder off van roof to slipping the tile back in...£60 - customer over the moon. Not too bad. My other mucker we met a pub (a sparks), priced a job at £2500 for a consumer unit change - he was shafted by another sparks at £2000, mate said there was no profit for the £2000 job. I told him I know this sparks - he has about 6 blokes on the books and will drop prices just to keep the blokes working!

Last edited:
Only tape that sticks unfortunately.

Have you considered filling all the holes in your stuff in and selling it as masking tape instead?

Self removing masking tape. It could be a winner.
That none sticky tape has gone, the thing is i own the holes, so the holes (which are perfect} will be back soon with a stickier tape to boot.

My roofer mate picked me up yesterday for a quick drink - on way to pub he had a slipped tile to fix, no more than 10 mins from getting his ladder off van roof to slipping the tile back in...£60 - customer over the moon. Not too bad. My other mucker we met a pub (a sparks), priced a job at £2500 for a consumer unit change - he was shafted by another sparks at £2000, mate said there was no profit for the £2000 job. I told him I know this sparks - he has about 6 blokes on the books and will drop prices just to keep the blokes working!
consumer unit £200, half day work. guy talking rubbish mate.

some right big head pricks on here ain’t there ... £200 about right .. it’s plastering walls ffs it’s not hard .. not saving lives ...some of the s**t posted on here ..
What's with the aggro out of the blue? It was a pretty honest explanation of how he works and why, not boastful and looking down on t'others. Apparently you earn the same.
You're entitled to your opinion, but opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one but they don't have to go around sharing it with everybody.

For what it's worth there's been a lot of really useful and helpful discussion on this thread. It's smacked me on the head that I've really got to raise my game and focus more about costs vs what I want to earn, and what sort of type of work I need/want in 2020.

Right now I'm a mix of builders/sites and domestics and I'm not sure it's working out for me.
So a big thank you to everybody who's contributed, even DjW, and hope you all have a good year ahead.

For what it's worth there's been a lot of really useful and helpful discussion on this thread. It's smacked me on the head that I've really got to raise my game and focus more about costs vs what I want to earn, and what sort of type of work I need/want in 2020.

Right now I'm a mix of builders/sites and domestics and I'm not sure it's working out for me.
So a big thank you to everybody who's contributed, even DjW, and hope you all have a good year ahead.
By far the best way to make money is off other people mate.

I learned that when I very first went on my own.

The boss at the time was paying me £9/hr.

I got a job lifting a massive pile of earth. Told customer it be £18/hr and dropped a lad on it for £6.

Customer was so happy that she actually tipped the Lad.

I realised the best place for me to be was away from the job so I went pub and earned £3/hr more for doing nowt than I had the week before for working my b*ll***s off.

He had to run a CPC around the copper and do a R1. The correct price...he’s no prick :)
So he also had to run a new earth protective circuit, also an R1 is just a small part of the test required after fitting a new consumer unit.
It appears YOU may be the prick mate? (no offence intended)

By far the best way to make money is off other people mate.

I learned that when I very first went on my own.

The boss at the time was paying me £9/hr.

I got a job lifting a massive pile of earth. Told customer it be £18/hr and dropped a lad on it for £6.

Customer was so happy that she actually tipped the Lad.

I realised the best place for me to be was away from the job so I went pub and earned £3/hr more for doing nowt than I had the week before for working my b*ll***s off.
A gombeen man

So he also had to run a new earth protective circuit, also an R1 is just a small part of the test required after fitting a new consumer unit.
It appears YOU may be the prick mate? (no offence intended)
I’m a spread - not a sparks...I don’t know all the stuff he had to do, just remember some of the things he mentioned...you clearly are an expert though :)

I’m a spread - not a sparks...I don’t know all the stuff he had to do, just remember some of the things he mentioned...you clearly are an expert though :)
no mate, but i know when something is not right.
i have been in the game a long time and i would not comment if i was not 100% sure.
no offence intended to you.:fuckyou: