voltage

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

northyskim

just out of intrest do you guys have a 110v mixer with transfromer or use the standard 3 pin plug of 240 bin thinking bout getting new drill and dont ever do site work so no real need for me to use 110 but any resons why it better or no diffrence
:RpS_blushing:

i have 110 mate but just because it means if i get a bit of site work then i can go do it as opposed to getting some site work then haveing to lay out couple hundred quid before i start buying a 110 mixer

I've got 2 drills off ebay, 60 quid a piece and they are brilliant, 1 240 and one 110. Used to use the 110 all the time but got sick of lumping the tranny around, now I just keep it as a spare and use the 240

No diffenrece in power output.But safety aspect ?? 110v shock or 240 ouch.
You dont need a 3.5kw tranny to power a single drill mixer a small one will do and they weigh **** all.
For safety reasons and safety reasons only all my kit is on 110v all lights drills mixers chargers radios the lot.

those little trannies are actually more expensive than a 3kva... usually 1.5kva, but they're no hassle, I use one for a 1100watt mixer with no trouble at all and if ever you get on anything at all thats run by a large(ish) company... youre gonna be f'cked using 240v...
bout 65 quid gets you a 1.5kva single socket tranny that'll power everything besides 8" angle grinders etc... might be a bit slow with an 1800watt megamixer though... or even trip out knocking dabbing up...

cheers for the advice
over the years ad never really fort about it as always used 110 so think ill carry on using it and just get a cheap 240 for domesitic skimming jobs to make life abit easier

It's always worth buying 110 gear as you never know what's gonna happen in the future for yourself workwise.
I have a 110 mixer & transformer, a 240 mixer, a cheapo drill & paddle & my pogo stick podger which runs on fresh air:RpS_thumbup:
I have also mixed skim up with a cordless drill & paddle when needs must :RpS_laugh:
Be prepared for everything (SAS) :rolleyes)

Well that's all i use a cordless!!
I bought one of them green Bosch cordless drills from homebase
& a mixer attachment from wickes's.
I can mix one full bag of multi finish in my gorilla tub no problemo!!
So i don't need to worry about 110v or 240v i can mix anywhere,
iniside, outside, domestic work or site!!

It's always worth buying 110 gear as you never know what's gonna happen in the future for yourself workwise.
I have a 110 mixer & transformer, a 240 mixer, a cheapo drill & paddle & my pogo stick podger which runs on fresh air:RpS_thumbup:
I have also mixed skim up with a cordless drill & paddle when needs must :RpS_laugh:
Be prepared for everything (SAS) :rolleyes)

bollox... your pogo stick runs on pure alcohol!

my plunger runs on 100% knackerd labourer haha.
so dunc how do you knock up dot and dab or bonding, or anything thicker than one bag of setting then

Well that's all i use a cordless!!
I bought one of them green Bosch cordless drills from homebase
& a mixer attachment from wickes's.
I can mix one full bag of multi finish in my gorilla tub no problemo!!
So i don't need to worry about 110v or 240v i can mix anywhere,
iniside, outside, domestic work or site!!
Ididnt know you spoke Spanish mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.