Vitcas

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jk123

Hi, I would appreciate some advice regarding Vitcas heat resistant plaster. My plasterer has today attempted to use Everbuild Purimachos Heat Proof Screed. We need to achieve a very smooth finish that is suitable for painting with an emulsion paint. He attempted to use the Everbuild product around the fire but said it would not be as smooth as the gypsum plastered walls on the remainder of the wall.

My question is would Vitcas be a smoother finish?

Thanks in advance.

I can report back. It's much smoother. The plasterer has done a great job. He put beading around the fire, 600mm above and 300mm either side and below. He's used conventional plaster on the rest of the room and up to the Victas once the beading was removed. Seamless finish. He said the Victas was best treated as render rather than plaster when being applied.

Hope this information may be of value. Please excuse my description and phraseology, I'm not a plasterer.

How long did it take for the Victas to go off so it could be troweled up for a smooth finish? Probably going to use it but my plasterer has never used previously so looking for info to provide him.... Thanks

Really not sure what to use, plasterer has done two coats of render with sand, cement and lime but now how to get the best smooth finish? Needs to be on inside and on the outside wall around the opening. Have been told cant use normal gypsum due to the heat but no not want a grainy finish. All help appreciated.
thanks - definitely not a Vitcas rep :RpS_drool:

Victas rep? Lol, you're being a little over zealous Mr Moderator. Anyway excuse my terminology but I'm not in the trade and I'm just going by what my plasterer said. Once Victas has gone off it cant be sanded. Mix it according to the instructions exactly. 100ml of water to 1kg of powder if my memory serves me correctly. Mix the entire tub don't try and mix just a portion of it. My plasterer was very hesitant about using it but the finish is now as smooth as the surrounding plaster. Keep polishing it (it that the correct phrase?) with a trowel that is wet. If cracks appear run a Stanley knife in the crack to enlarge it just a little and fill it with Victas heat resistant filler. The filler can be sanded. Actually I rang Victas technical dept and they got a guy to call my plaster. I think he was a plasterer and not a Victas employee, he was extremely helpful. Good luck.

Victas rep? Lol, you're being a little over zealous Mr Moderator. Anyway excuse my terminology but I'm not in the trade and I'm just going by what my plasterer said. Once Victas has gone off it cant be sanded. Mix it according to the instructions exactly. 100ml of water to 1kg of powder if my memory serves me correctly. Mix the entire tub don't try and mix just a portion of it. My plasterer was very hesitant about using it but the finish is now as smooth as the surrounding plaster. Keep polishing it (it that the correct phrase?) with a trowel that is wet. If cracks appear run a Stanley knife in the crack to enlarge it just a little and fill it with Victas heat resistant filler. The filler can be sanded. Actually I rang Victas technical dept and they got a guy to call my plaster. I think he was a plasterer and not a Victas employee, he was extremely helpful. Good luck.

I bet the plasterer was thinking eh ? i got a right one here.

So if i get this right he tried everbuild then scraped it off and used the product your recommending ?.

I think your full of shite mate to be honest.

I bet the plasterer was thinking eh ? i got a right one here.

So if i get this right he tried everbuild then scraped it off and used the product your recommending ?.

I think your full of shite mate to be honest.

Not sure what the plaster thought but your other assumption is correct. Absolutely no need for the keyboard warrior reply. Very brave.

Status
Not open for further replies.