Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

northyskim

bit of a stupid question
but as iv never used it

does it go on to bricks and become finished product
or is it just top coat on top of s&c

ive used it a couple of times mate but ive only use it onto sand and cement sooooo i would say top coat only mate

no victas sell 2 different products , one they call a screed , this you render with , and they a finish which you plaster with , t and c apply

it shouldnt crack but if i does after the first fire up fill it and it will be fine it wont blow like gypsum will, make sure you get the finish perfect cos once it sets it f ucking rock solid and if you want to sand it down anywhere your gonna struggle, my experience with it is its like spreading.............i wanna say tar so ill stick with that for now (unless anyone else has a better description) hangs around for ages then suddenly goes, so if youve never used it mabey just keep a very close eye on it

its fakin horrible to use its like self levelling compound for floors realy rubberey!!!

ps they also sell there equivalent of a plasterboard if prefer than render

need deep pockets though and its evil evil evil to use I swore id never use it again!!!

Fcuk that stuff Ive just done a wood stove dabbed the whole inside the chimney with fire plasterboard cock on plumb level then used vermiculite board stuck on top with rapid set tile adhesive

Anyone used vitcas plaster and managed to get a good finish without cracks??? If you have could you please advise on how you achieved it as this will be the third attempt now!!!
Thanks guys

Anyone used in2 isitsitcas plaster and managed to get a good finish without cracks??? If you have could you please advise on how you achieved it as this will be the third attempt now!!!
Thanks guys
Try to achve a total thickness of 6mm In 2 visits. Throw in some fibres from wickes too..

Status
Not open for further replies.