vinmark

Members online

jacko001

ok lads another question .
can I apply vimark on traditional sand cement and lime render .sponge finish .
never used vimark .

ok lads another question .
can I apply vimark on traditional sand cement and lime render .sponge finish .
never used vimark .

Hi Mate, what Vimark material are you considering applying? Sure you can apply Vimark's Areninio VK2 over base coat with sponged finish. Arenino VK2 is available in stock with the next day delivery in white and off white colour.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 366
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 287
  • Arenino VK2 job.jpg
    Arenino VK2 job.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 245
thanks for the quick replies lads .
ile be doing a traditional scratch coat over solid pebble dash .ie council dwelling.
then top coat level and float finish..ile be using lime in my mix .
do I need to prime top coat .
ive not used anything like these product before but been in the trade 17yrs so not to worried about spreading it on.
and does it spread like a gritty plaster.
and do I sponge finish or just float it up. Sorry for all the questions. If you don't ask you don't get.cheers

thanks for the quick replies lads .
ile be doing a traditional scratch coat over solid pebble dash .ie council dwelling.
then top coat level and float finish..ile be using lime in my mix .
do I need to prime top coat .
ive not used anything like these product before but been in the trade 17yrs so not to worried about spreading it on.
and does it spread like a gritty plaster.
and do I sponge finish or just float it up. Sorry for all the questions. If you don't ask you don't get.cheers

Hi @jacko001, thanks for all the questions. Vimark spec for over the old tired render would be fiber reinforced Rasolite base coat over old render to be finished with a thincoat, for example Arenino VK2 with sponged finish.

Hi Mate, what Vimark material are you considering applying? Sure you can apply Vimark's Areninio VK2 over base coat with sponged finish. Arenino VK2 is available in stock with the next day delivery in white and off white colour.
is the arenino finished like any other topcoat? trowelled on and rubbed with a plastic float?

does a sponge finish look different to the above samples?

The house in the pic was trowelled on and rubbed with plastic float. It was over ocr and I'd recommend using a primer as normal.

How come? Didn't think it needed primer ?

The render had been done months earlier (originally to receive a paint finish) and was sucking in too quick so primed it with mapei g primer which works fine but would use a coloured primer in the future as the guys who I use said they'd prefer it.
When it stops f##king raining we'll be finishing over rasolite on the rest of the house without primer.

The render had been done months earlier (originally to receive a paint finish) and was sucking in too quick so primed it with mapei g primer which works fine but would use a coloured primer in the future as the guys who I use said they'd prefer it.
When it stops f##king raining we'll be finishing over rasolite on the rest of the house without primer.

Good luck mate.

Raso sucked like hell on one of mine recently.

Most was ok though.

In March - cooler?

Most of the work has coated over fine.

One face pulled in bloody rapid

35m2 flank, it had uneven suction. I could only put it down to conditions affecting it on the surface, as it was going over the same substrate all over.