Vimark plastex GB 1

Members online

No members online now.
Can anyone give actual set times with gb1 please gonna chuck a few bags over board work to see how it is but read somewhere it supposed to be left for 90 minutes before it's 2rd coated
Thanks

Approx 45-60 min between two coats. The first coat should be dry but not too much. For example if you apply the second coat one day after the first, you should wet the surface before apply the second coat.

For example we apply one coat then wait from 45 to 60 or more time, than the second coat (with new mix) is mixed with a little bit more amount of water. First coat is applied in vertical line, the second coat is applied in horizontal line. Optionally you could apply a third coat (very thin) mixed more water in order to obtain a very very smooth and shiny surface.

Also we never use a sponge on Plastex GB1, only an “american” trowel:

f3ce38977463c6f6fcac9cdb4dfdfe49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Approx 45-60 min between two coats. The first coat should be dry but not too much. For example if you apply the second coat one day after the first, you should wet the surface before apply the second coat.

For example we apply one coat then wait from 45 to 60 or more time, than the second coat (with new mix) is mixed with a little bit more amount of water. First coat is applied in vertical line, the second coat is applied in horizontal line. Optionally you could apply a third coat (very thin) mixed more water in order to obtain a very very smooth and shiny surface.

Also we never use a sponge on Plastex GB1, only an “american” trowel:

f3ce38977463c6f6fcac9cdb4dfdfe49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I read the info probably won't be using it till Monday or Tuesday now as I'm waiting for builder guys to get out the way but I'll keep you posted how it goes

So thought I'd try gb1 today, just pulled down some coving on a 19 year old plasterboarded house, first coat just gone on tbh feels like troweling on very wet dri wall adhesive it's just firmed up slightly and had a quick speedy over it , gear in bucket still nice and wet so gonna give a second coat now and see how we go
IMG_6615.JPG
IMG_6618.JPG
IMG_6621.JPG

Well might of been a small s**t patch job to try it on but I thought it would be better than doing a whole wall to see how it reacts to backgrounds and how it feels , glad I did now as where it is blended in to exsisting walls was lovely to work it into tbh I don't think the join will need any sanding before painting, time to set was 130 mins same gear to lay it in , gear in bucket loosens up with a little stir round which was good, trowels up with ease and is rock hard when it's set as stupid as that sounds, definitely gonna have a go on a full room with gb1 tbh I look forward to it,

Material to trowel on feel 7/10 lol feels like really wet dri wall adhesive but still was fine

Material to trowel up and finish 9.5/10

Finish 9.5 /10 ( looked great but that might of just been my skills lol)
IMG_6633.JPG
IMG_6632.JPG

I got to use my trial bag of gb1 today and its very good gear . Had some old lime render to go over and some plasterboard . It finished better with a light fine sponge before trowelling than just a trowel as others have said. I will definitely use again .

I got to use my trial bag of gb1 today and its very good gear . Had some old lime render to go over and some plasterboard . It finished better with a light fine sponge before trowelling than just a trowel as others have said. I will definitely use again .
How long was it till it set ?

Probably about 30 mins longer than multi , I just floated some patches while waiting for it.

Here we go again,,,,we cant get most of bg stuff they say exists without ordering a pallet now more gear that you cant get without ordering from place miles away then waiting for a delivery at extra costs.

Here we go again,,,,we cant get most of bg stuff they say exists without ordering a pallet now more gear that you cant get without ordering from place miles away then waiting for a delivery at extra costs.

Hi @Donzo , the stock of GB1 is available at Pinvin, WR10 2DS or FS Trade Liverpool, L36 6FH with self collection or alternatively low cost next day delivery.

Any tips on the best application and way to finish GB1? I'm finding it difficult to stop the material 'tearing' when trowelling up. It seems once it has been on the wall for about 5/10 minutes i'm unable to run my trowel over it without lots of tearing happening. You guys seem to be enjoying it, so must be something I'm going wrong! Any advice much appreciated as I have about 20 bags to get through :tonto:

Any tips on the best application and way to finish GB1? I'm finding it difficult to stop the material 'tearing' when trowelling up. It seems once it has been on the wall for about 5/10 minutes i'm unable to run my trowel over it without lots of tearing happening. You guys seem to be enjoying it, so must be something I'm going wrong! Any advice much appreciated as I have about 20 bags to get through :tonto:
Do you mean when you have laid it in with second coat ? Are you laying in with fresh mixed second coat ? Tbh I flatten with Speedskim but areas troweled with Carbon was no problem either

Iv not used it. But try sponge

Thanks chaps, yes Vincey when laying in the material keeps tearing on me. I’ve been using a fresh mix for the second coat and leaving the first coat for an hour or more before applying. Do you treat it the same as BG material? It’s lovely and stretchy as you guys have said but struggling to get as good a finish as I do with BG gear. I’m having another go today, will try a light sponge before troweling (y)

Thanks chaps, yes Vincey when laying in the material keeps tearing on me. I’ve been using a fresh mix for the second coat and leaving the first coat for an hour or more before applying. Do you treat it the same as BG material? It’s lovely and stretchy as you guys have said but struggling to get as good a finish as I do with BG gear. I’m having another go today, will try a light sponge before troweling (y)
Get the 2ad coat on as soon as multi

I’ve had a bit of a nightmare with it to be honest. I went back yesterday morning to give the walls a really tight 3rd coat just to have another try with it and smooth out some areas I wasn’t happy with, as I was applying, the plaster from the day before started lifting and ended up taking the whole lot off. It all came off very easily so obviously didn’t adhere properly. The property is a 60’s build, plasterboard and matt paint, the walls are in pretty good condition just needed a skim to tidy them up.

Sound like it's similar to limelite high impact finish, more you fuff about with it the crappier it gets

Sounds like a load of crap to me. I mean what is the point? What does it do that board doesnt do at half the price and half the faffing about? It's just ribbons and paper

I’ve had a bit of a nightmare with it to be honest. I went back yesterday morning to give the walls a really tight 3rd coat just to have another try with it and smooth out some areas I wasn’t happy with, as I was applying, the plaster from the day before started lifting and ended up taking the whole lot off. It all came off very easily so obviously didn’t adhere properly. The property is a 60’s build, plasterboard and matt paint, the walls are in pretty good condition just needed a skim to tidy them up.
YOu must have been pulling your hair out. Is there no instructions on the bags?

To be honest I bought it because I’m refurbing my property so I wanted a plaster that I could put on the walls without any prep if I have a spare couple of hours throughout the week. From reading the info online, it is similar to uni as in it doesn’t require any pva or primer on most backgrounds, and I like trying new material so thought I’d give it a go. The material is very different to multi so will take me abit of getting used to. After speaking to Alexander from Bauwer about the issues I had he seems to think that the matt paint on my walls does not have enough absorption for GB1 so I did a small test with Unifinish and that seems to have adhered as it should. From the conversations I’ve had with Alexander I think GB1 is mainly for older propertys with a high suction background although he did assure me that it has been tested many times on low suction paint and board without the need for PVA. Having said that it is a nice material to use with abit of practice so I will be trying it again on a high suction background without PVA to see how it gets on.