Vimark or Parex over painted render?

Beenereb4

Just pricing a job and keep hearing about Vimark, I know the Parex products and costs is Vimark going to be a cheaper alternative but maintain the quality.
Im looking to offer the client 3 finishes
Scraped, fine sponge and 1.5 mm texture.
Thoughts anyone?

We offer two options going over tired painted solid render. First one fibre reinforced Rasolite as a base coat with thin-coat finish. The second option is also robust but considerably cheaper alternative and easier to apply - Arenino mineral thin coat with addition of 1 liter of Vimarlatex 663 per bag. The second option is generally preferred for more flat substrates and possibly could be sealed with Vimasil Aqua siloxane sealer as an option.

We offer two options going over tired painted solid render. First one fibre reinforced Rasolite as a base coat with thin-coat finish. The second option is also robust but considerably cheaper alternative and easier to apply - Arenino mineral thin coat with addition of 1 liter of Vimarlatex 663 per bag. The second option is generally preferred for more flat substrates and possibly could be sealed with Vimasil Aqua siloxane sealer as an option.

Used the Rasolite. Good gear. Get if flat and key well, totally waterproof.

Used the Rasolite. Good gear. Get if flat and key well, totally waterproof.
Hi Rigsby, I'm still debating using rasolite. You mention it is waterproof, I wasn't aware of this I thought it was only lime based. Must be the additives in the mix.

Hi Rigsby, I'm still debating using rasolite. You mention it is waterproof, I wasn't aware of this I thought it was only lime based. Must be the additives in the mix.

Fibre reinforced Rasolite is not weather proof and typically used as base coat over old painted solid render. It is possible painting Rasolite with weather proof mansonry paint. Mineral premixed thin-coat Arenino is weather proof, cost efficient and could be applied over Rasolite or used on it's own.

Told them I can't be arsed with getting the machine out for 40m2 and definitely can't be arsed to do it by hand.

If your not getting the machine out.......

I know you can't be arsed doin it by hand,

100% get the vimark.

So lightweight for hand applied, done 300m2 in the last few weeks by hand.

Rasolite is light as anything. Wicked gear - goes miles too. Tiny little fibres in it already. Sorted.

Needs sealing though.

@Bauwer , do you have any off white colours in arenino ? Cheers

There are 24 colors of Arenino, including off white, also we stock just white in the UK as it is the most popular option. We could deliver other 23 colors within one to two weeks. Also could you tell me more about your project?

There are 24 colors of Arenino, including off white, also we stock just white in the UK as it is the most popular option. We could deliver other 23 colors within one to two weeks. Also could you tell me more about your project?

Its a renovation project with different backgrounds of painted render , new unpainted render and old blocks.
Im looking to use rasolite as a base on the painted and blocks and finish with arenino . The client wants an 'antique white' or off white finish.
Cheers

Its a renovation project with different backgrounds of painted render , new unpainted render and old blocks.
Im looking to use rasolite as a base on the painted and blocks and finish with arenino . The client wants an 'antique white' or off white finish.
Cheers

Sounds good, how many square meters is the project?

I did this test panel but im told its not suitable as a finish on externals

Attachments

• 1497293706649.jpg
    1497293706649.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 373
Anyone got any pictures of jobs finished in rasolite?

Fiber reinforced Rasolite is a base coat and not weather proof, so need to be finished with a thin coat. Also Rasolite used internally as well for repairs and maintenance. Rasolite base coat over tired painted render:

a2cc1e267cd113ee06e29073a7cec06a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers
Hi, Did your client pick Arenino finish? I was looking for an antique white also. Sample of ivory looks a bit of a cream colour. Don't know whether it's worth getting a bag to see the colour on a larger area.

Hi, Did your client pick Arenino finish? I was looking for an antique white also. Sample of ivory looks a bit of a cream colour. Don't know whether it's worth getting a bag to see the colour on a larger area.

The client agreed with the colour even though its pretty white !

Fiber reinforced Rasolite is a base coat and not weather proof, so need to be finished with a thin coat. Also Rasolite used internally as well for repairs and maintenance. Rasolite base coat over tired painted render:

a2cc1e267cd113ee06e29073a7cec06a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Internally such as what Alex ? For dubbing areas out etc ?

Really, I've found out since I posted that that it's not a finish but if you have pictures let see um then mate

Here you are mate,

This was bad window fitters making good. Wonky beads needed straitening a bit and their render didn't blend at all.

Thought it was a great opportunity to test it.

Used it for meshing around windows on previous jobs though.

Went in nice, little bit of prep, then slap her on.

Attachments

• 1499156502241.jpg
    1499156502241.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 394
  • 1499158311644.jpg
    1499158311644.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 360
  • 1499158334184.jpg
    1499158334184.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 414
  • 1499158344794.jpg
    1499158344794.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 404
  • 1499158355875.jpg
    1499158355875.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 1499158364568.jpg
    1499158364568.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 366
Current project using Virmark. Patching and floating over old brick in Mono.chrome grey. over solid painted render with rasolite.

Going to spray vk 1.2 silicone topcoat over all 12 houses next week.

Both rasolite and monochrome are excellent. spray lovely and can be built out really thick without slumping. must be the fiber!

Attachments

• 1499283354027.jpg
    1499283354027.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 334
  • 1499283371928.jpg
    1499283371928.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 1499283385584.jpg
    1499283385584.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 337
Current project using Virmark. Patching and floating over old brick in Mono.chrome grey. over solid painted render with rasolite.

Going to spray vk 1.2 silicone topcoat over all 12 houses next week.

Both rasolite and monochrome are excellent. spray lovely and can be built out really thick without slumping. must be the fiber!

So glad this product is taking off and is being used and looks great :D

Internally such as what Alex ? For dubbing areas out etc ?

Hello @Vincey, that's correct, fiber reinforced, highly breathable Rasolite is very popular in Italy for internal repairs of older homes, including larger areas dubbing out. Rasolite could be applied from 3mm to 30mm thickness and comes in a nice off white, lime colour.

@Bauwer r can I use rasolite internal for patching then skim next day ?

Hi @Vincey, fiber reinforced Rasolite is ideal over old solid plaster or render patching applications. If you would need application over the brickwork, a cheaper material, fiber reinforced Monochrome grey would be a preferred option.

NEW VIMARK RENDER STOCKIST! Vimark Render is pleased to announce that FS Trade are now stocking wide range of Vimark renders, including full scratch render system Monochrome in five popular colours. Other material in stock includes fibre reinforced base coats Rasolite which can be used directly on old tired renders and painted surfaces, fibre reinforced Monochrome grey, over brick and block work base coat as well as high adhesion primer Monogrip, siloxane sealer Vimasil Aqua, insulation adhesive and base coat Polyfix, fibre reinforced silane-acrylic thin coat Color.VK and cost efficient thin coat Arenino VK2 and many many more are available on order.

Please contact FS Trade at 0151 363 1677 or visit at 5 Wilson Rd, Liverpool L36 6FH

Attachments

• FS TRADE 7.jpg
    FS TRADE 7.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 295
  • FS TRADE 6.jpg
    FS TRADE 6.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 335
  • FS TRADE 8.jpg
    FS TRADE 8.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 305
  • FS TRADE 4.jpg
    FS TRADE 4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 541
  • FS TRADE 1.jpg
    FS TRADE 1.jpg
    632.7 KB · Views: 342
NEW VIMARK RENDER STOCKIST! Vimark Render is pleased to announce that FS Trade are now stocking wide range of Vimark renders, including full scratch render system Monochrome in five popular colours. Other material in stock includes fibre reinforced base coats Rasolite which can be used directly on old tired renders and painted surfaces, fibre reinforced Monochrome grey, over brick and block work base coat as well as high adhesion primer Monogrip, siloxane sealer Vimasil Aqua, insulation adhesive and base coat Polyfix, fibre reinforced silane-acrylic thin coat Color.VK and cost efficient thin coat Arenino VK2 and many many more are available on order.

Please contact FS Trade at 0151 363 1677 or visit at 5 Wilson Rd, Liverpool L36 6FH

What is best point of contact for The South West, I'm only just catching up on this system