Victorian terrace solid wall

Members online

Stuart wells

please cAn someone give me some advice.

I have just bought a Victorian terrace house and the original plaster was falling off the walls.

So I started to take it down, witch took all of 5 minutes as it just fell away.

My question is on one walls has a meter high of render which I’m guessing has been Done because of damp. I want to batten this wall out (party wall) . But now I’m unsure what to do as the top half is back to brick and the bottom half is solid render.

Attachments

• 0AF0FC24-ECB0-4084-A476-652C1B6605D4.jpeg
    0AF0FC24-ECB0-4084-A476-652C1B6605D4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 553
I bet that was hot lime mixture. As such I have seen many houses with blown render, but there were a few in between with solid and very good render tbh. From my observation mixing the lime has led to disaster . All jobs I have replaced the render with lime .

I’d just damp down the wall with a wet brush and float with hardwall then skim the lot, gyprime it too

Looking at your photo there's not really room to batten out the wall without altering the door frame.
Either patch it in or take it all back to brick and start again.

Right. Pay attention.
1. Take it all back to brick.
2 Clean all the s**t/dust/mould/salts and any other crap off.
3 Get rid of those stairs, they look awful and are in the way, and anyway “upstairs” is so last year.
4 Get a real live hairy arsed plasterer to apply a couple of coats of a lime based plaster, watch in awe as he/she makes the incredibly difficult job of smoothing it all out, look really easy peasy.
5 Pay him/her a handsome wedge in recognition of above.
6 Spend a bit of time basking in the reflected glory of a job well done........try to shag “her indoors” on the back of it......
7 In the after s*x glow, spend a bit more time thinking “that plastering is piss easy” ........”I’ll do I myself next time”.........

I'd do what zolco says, I live in a 1889 terraced house and I wish I'd sound boarded party walls. But I wish I'd done loads differently I'd only been plastering two years at the time and knew dick all less than I do now

I'd do what zolco says, I live in a 1889 terraced house and I wish I'd sound boarded party walls. But I wish I'd done loads differently I'd only been plastering two years at the time and knew dick all less than I do now
Hmmmmm dick all? Is that like a c**t full? but the female version? I like it :) well done for opening our eyes on new sayings from a female perspective:)